Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

GThomson
Mitglied

What to put on my forms

lösung

Hi all,

Basically considering changing the properties and fields on our demo request form.

Currently, we ask for first name, last name, company name, email address, and phone number. We are thinking of adding a drop-down option for people who submit this form to enter their CRM. The thought process is that this would allow us to be more tailored in our follow-up and nurturing of demo submissions. 

For context, we currently have the Salesforce integration.

I have some hesitations about doing this and wondered if anyone had experience with this and could provide some best practices. I see 3 flows of data from HS to SFDC (Salesforce) when people submit these demo forms.

1. New lead, new account
  2. Existing account, new lead/contact
  3. Existing account, existing contact

For the first option, I am content with data flowing between HS and SFDC seamlessly, I am concerned with the flows of data for points 2 and point 3. Firstly how can is it best to not overwrite the CRM information that already exists on the account for both scenarios 2&3.

I am also concerned about it overwriting at contact level in scenario 3 in case they enter like "n/a" or "not confirmed" to bypass this section and get through the form quicker. The concern is that sales will then not correct following a conversation with this person.

An idea was to have a form-only CRM property that doesn't sync to SFDC but appears on the form when it is sent over to sales. This will mean they have the info on that form and will still have to enter the correct information into the system but they may question why this isn't automated and see less value add, I was wondering if you could provide any advice, has anyone considered this scenario before, what do you suggest we do?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

1 Akzeptierte Lösung
Ian_Matt
Lösung
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

What to put on my forms

lösung

Hi @GThomson ,

I have had quite a lot of experience with the Salesforce-HubSpot connector so happy to share my learnings here. Please feel free to correct me but it sounds like your main concern is that the question 'What CRM do you use?' is going to overwrite the information in Salesforce? Please feel free to correct me if not. 🙂

If this is the case, there's no need to worry. Firstly if you create a property in HubSpot for your form with a dropdown you will be entering the options for the submitter to choose from. This means that they cannot write 'NA' as they need to choose from your options.

However, if you're generally worried about HubSpot overwriting this information there is a easy solution. You can update your mapping with Salesforce and HubSpot so that the HubSpot property 'CRM' will only pass to Salesforce if Salesforce does not already have a value for this. This way you can be sure that HubSpot is not overwriting this information.

To do this, navigate to Settings > Integrations > Connected Apps > Saleforce Settings > Contacts. From here either set up or edit the CRM property mapping to the setting 'Prefer Salesforce unless blank'.

Screenshot 2021-11-19 at 14.08.21.png
I hope this is helpful but please let me know if I'm misunderstood the challenge! 

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

1 Antwort
Ian_Matt
Lösung
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

What to put on my forms

lösung

Hi @GThomson ,

I have had quite a lot of experience with the Salesforce-HubSpot connector so happy to share my learnings here. Please feel free to correct me but it sounds like your main concern is that the question 'What CRM do you use?' is going to overwrite the information in Salesforce? Please feel free to correct me if not. 🙂

If this is the case, there's no need to worry. Firstly if you create a property in HubSpot for your form with a dropdown you will be entering the options for the submitter to choose from. This means that they cannot write 'NA' as they need to choose from your options.

However, if you're generally worried about HubSpot overwriting this information there is a easy solution. You can update your mapping with Salesforce and HubSpot so that the HubSpot property 'CRM' will only pass to Salesforce if Salesforce does not already have a value for this. This way you can be sure that HubSpot is not overwriting this information.

To do this, navigate to Settings > Integrations > Connected Apps > Saleforce Settings > Contacts. From here either set up or edit the CRM property mapping to the setting 'Prefer Salesforce unless blank'.

Screenshot 2021-11-19 at 14.08.21.png
I hope this is helpful but please let me know if I'm misunderstood the challenge!