Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

TheSpade888
Teilnehmer/-in

What to do when Hubspot suddenly decides NOT to send e-mails in ongoing one on one conversations

lösung

Hi All,
I have a rather severe issue that I could do with some help to solve... 
I have several ongoing e-mail conversations where Hubspot all of a sudden decides not to send my newly written e-mails. This started yesterday evening (I'm now in UTC +3) and continued today.
The ONLY indication that this happens is a banner in the mail that did not go out written and listed in the CRM. I can't find any other indication that something is wrong, besides the recipient not getting it!
I almost lost a client today waiting for them in a video meeting and it turns out they did NOT receive my invitation! This worked out and we did get the assignment but it was CLOSE! Don't like that! 
So being a developer for almost +40 years (not much web back then!) I know my way will around servers and the protocols and languages in use but I can't find any logs or anything other than it might be blamed on some SPAM issue! That is NOT very likely and the persons we are mailing is waiting for the info, haven't opted out and have NOT indicated ANYWHERE that we are spamming them, so? 
I might add that I'm the ONLY one for the moment using Hubspot so no one else has been "misbehaving"  other than me if that's the case and I don't misbehave in that way at least! 
The above-mentioned banner at the top of the e-mail in Hubspot says: 

There was an issue sending your email.     This email wasn’t sent. Learn more.
Does anyone have any ideas? 
0 Upvotes
1 Akzeptierte Lösung
MiaSrebrnjak
Lösung
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

What to do when Hubspot suddenly decides NOT to send e-mails in ongoing one on one conversations

lösung

Hi @TheSpade888,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! 

In cases where there is a high probability that the email won't be delivered, the system blocks the email from sending to preserve your sending reputation. There can be various reasons for that, as you've already mentioned above. 

One of the possible reasons is an email connection issue: HubSpot was unable to connect to your inbox when you wanted to send the email. 

• Can you tell us how you've connected your inbox to HubSpot? 
  • If you've connected the inbox via IMAP, could you please set up IMAP settings for your email domain (instructions here) and monitor if this keeps on happening? 

Thank you!

Mia, Community Team 

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

3 Antworten
TheSpade888
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Hi Mia 😉,
Thanks for your reply! I'm using IMAP and have a Google account attached and I think it could have been somthing wrong with my Google account connection for rather obvious resons 🙄, I changed the password and forgotten about the connection in Hubspot. I reconnected them both and for one reason or the other I'm back in buisness. So thanks for pointing me in the right direction! 🙏
If you by any chance know of any docuentation that describes the ins and outs behind the scene so to speak I REALLY like to get my hands on that, so please tell me where I can find it! I have my suspecions that it would help to join the developer community perhaps... 🤔
Thanks Again! 🙏

MiaSrebrnjak
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

lösung

That's great, I'm glad we were able to find a solution together 🙂

In terms of documentation: 

there is this article available with technical requirements for an IMAP connection. This FAQ article might also be helpful. 

I also wanted to introduce you to my colleague @dennisedson who is in charge of the Developer Community. Feel free to reach out to Dennis if you have any questions 🙂

Cheers
Mia, Community Team

Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

MiaSrebrnjak
Lösung
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

lösung

Hi @TheSpade888,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! 

In cases where there is a high probability that the email won't be delivered, the system blocks the email from sending to preserve your sending reputation. There can be various reasons for that, as you've already mentioned above. 

One of the possible reasons is an email connection issue: HubSpot was unable to connect to your inbox when you wanted to send the email. 

• Can you tell us how you've connected your inbox to HubSpot? 
  • If you've connected the inbox via IMAP, could you please set up IMAP settings for your email domain (instructions here) and monitor if this keeps on happening? 

Thank you!

Mia, Community Team