Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

jackie-schmid
メンバー

What productivity tool do you use to keep track of deadlines and editorial calendars?

• There are a lot of productivity tools (trello, todoist, etc) I'd like to know what you are using to keep track of your editorial calendar and other marketing deadlines and why you like it. If there is an integration with Hubspot that is bonus! Thanks friends! 
0 いいね!
7件の返信
wchouwmx
参加者

What productivity tool do you use to keep track of deadlines and editorial calendars?

Asana and Google calendar you the trip for me. Asana provides a clean, simple template for me to check things off like a checklist. Google calendar lets me highlights the most important tasks I want to accomplish that day or week. I can work something a specific color and said at the start of the date if it's most important.

-With love, Will Chou
0 いいね!
Ghiona_T
参加者

@jackie-schmid,

Asana is definitely a favourite for content/editorial calendars. The ease of collaborating with teams, adding attachements, creating dependencies, building custom flows/boards and endless subtasks are all super useful when we create our internal calendars.

+ I work for Unito and we're working on integrating Hubspot to other project management tools like Asana, Trello, Wrike, Jira etc. The idea is to sync tasks bi-directionally (from Hubspot --> PM tool and vice versa). If that interests you, you can beta test our connector by registering here 🙂 

Cheers!

stratusgrid
メンバー

The unito tool does this but because of the "per user" that comments, updates, assigned, etc it will not be usuable for us.  We have customers that use Jira for instance at large companies.  We have lots of people that comment on tasks but are not actually part of the project.  They are just the knowlege holder of certain task requirements.  

0 いいね!
Krystina
キーアドバイザー | Diamond Partner
キーアドバイザー | Diamond Partner

Asana is our tool of choice for sure! 🙂

Did this post help solve your problem? Help the community and mark it as a solution.
Krystina Gillenwater
A B2B Revenue Operations (RevOps) Firm.
HubSpot Diamond Partner BadgeA Diamond Solutions Partner
Book 15 Minutes with Krystina »
roisinkirby
HubSpot製品開発チーム
HubSpot製品開発チーム

I am a huge fan of Asana. I began using their free tool last summer, and while this package meets all of my needs currently I foresee upgrading to their pro/enterprise offering as my teams and programs scale. 

For me Asana is the perfect blend of Trello, Evernote and HubSpot's own productivity tools. As @Phil_Vallender advised, I would reccommend JIRA for your more technical projects/tasks. 

You can use Zapier to integrate Asana with your HubSpot workflows, calendars, contact and content tools. Find out more here: https://zapier.com/apps/asana/integrations/hubspot

Phil_Vallender
最優秀メンバー | Diamond Partner
最優秀メンバー | Diamond Partner

Hi @jackie-schmid

Happy new year.

There are a lot of tools out there! And the right one very much depends on finding the right mix of tool and process. 

Although I'm anti-deadline for individual peices of content, all the tools I'm about to mention support date-based deadlines. 

Right now in the agency we use Jira to track the progress of every task. Jira is a full-blown agile project managment software and may not be right for most but it gives us exactly what we need. 

Prior to that, and the one that I would recommend to many, we used Trello. Trello's card-based layout really helps keep eye on the whereabouts of each task. Its flexibility and ease-of-use make it really easy for teams to pick it up and work with it. Each card can have a date deadline and there is also a calendar view. 

HubSpot's own calendar is also an option - although we havent used it as it is totally date-oriented and that doest work for us. The integration with the marketing tool is native, of course, and that is very attractive if the other features are right for you. More info on that here: 

Hope this helps. 

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
0 いいね!
AleInZac
参加者

do you happen to know how to integrate with Todoist at all?

thanks a lot