Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

Participant

What is the difference between "Ticket Activity" VS "Ticket Information", pros and cons?

SOLVE

Hi, 

I am quite new in HubSpot and I am a bit confused between the difference of setting a newly created property of "Object type" ticket to Group: "Ticket Activity" versus setting it up to Group:"Ticket Information".

Could someone clarify?

02091_0-1650029882369.png

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
JonathanS
Solution
Contributor | Elite Partner

What is the difference between "Ticket Activity" VS "Ticket Information", pros and cons?

SOLVE

Hey @02091,

Property groups are used to keep related properties grouped together when viewing records in HubSpot. There is no performance difference between adding your custom property to Ticket Activity versus Ticket Information.

The Ticket Activity Group usually conatins information about the activities that take place in the Ticket (such as create date, close date, last activity date, etc...).

The Ticket Information Group usually contains general information about the Ticket (such as Category, Ticket Status, Ticket Name, Ticket Description, etc..).

For your custom property, "Object Type", I would reccomend adding it to the Ticket Information Group.

I hope this helps!

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
JonathanS
Solution

SOLVE

Hey @02091,

Property groups are used to keep related properties grouped together when viewing records in HubSpot. There is no performance difference between adding your custom property to Ticket Activity versus Ticket Information.

The Ticket Activity Group usually conatins information about the activities that take place in the Ticket (such as create date, close date, last activity date, etc...).

The Ticket Information Group usually contains general information about the Ticket (such as Category, Ticket Status, Ticket Name, Ticket Description, etc..).

For your custom property, "Object Type", I would reccomend adding it to the Ticket Information Group.

I hope this helps!