Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

SebastienGaland
Participant

What is the Added Value of Using the Default Industry Contact Property?

SOLVE

I'm not sure what the added value of using contact industry would be, except that you then avoid your sales team to go wild on new industry denominations. 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Josh
Solution
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @SebastienGaland,

I believe the only time I might do this in which the contact industry doesn't match the company industry would be if there's a potential difference. For example, a company in the automotive industry but a contact that is only focused in the electronic components of automotive. If this would help to personalize or change the sales process it could be worthwhile. At the same time as you suggest, don't let it become a free-for-all with the reps adding new industries as they see fit or it will eventually become unusable (from my experience). 

Thanks for the ping @TiphaineCuisset

Josh

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
Josh
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @SebastienGaland,

I believe the only time I might do this in which the contact industry doesn't match the company industry would be if there's a potential difference. For example, a company in the automotive industry but a contact that is only focused in the electronic components of automotive. If this would help to personalize or change the sales process it could be worthwhile. At the same time as you suggest, don't let it become a free-for-all with the reps adding new industries as they see fit or it will eventually become unusable (from my experience). 

Thanks for the ping @TiphaineCuisset

Josh

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @SebastienGaland 

Thank you for reaching out.

I want to tag some of our experts on this - @Olivia_Bagnall @StjepanGrcic @Josh do you have any thoughts on this?

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes