Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

dwilhere

What do you use to drive inbound traffic?

SOLVE

Hi everyone! We are currently using ZoomInfo, and Seamless to get leads. What do you all use to drive inbound traffic? (LinkedIn, Google Ads, etc or anything else)

0 Upvotes
5 Accepted solutions
RJaglan
Solution
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @dwilhere,

Sometimes an image is enough to explain 1000 thoughts! Here you go! Found one screenshot from my marketing treasure bundle

Hope this data will be insightful for you. 

Screenshot 2022-10-11 at 15.25.53.png

Thank you for the mention @kvlschaefer  💚

Best,
🖤 from berlin

View solution in original post

christopher-RVO
Solution
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

@dwilhere  I think driving inbound traffic really depends on a variety of things like the industry you serve, B2B/B2C/D2C, and your ICP + buyer persona.

Having a good understanding of your ideal customer profile (ICP) and buyer personas is a great first step in understanding the channels you should lean into to drive inbound traffic or generate leads. 

Ultimately, creating a relevant and positive customer journey for your buyer personas is the best way to drive traffic to your site. Mapping out your customer journey based on your findings from buyer persona development will give you more context in how to analyze which channels are driving the most activity. 

Check out these free HubSpot tools to help you get started:

- Buyer Persona Creator

- Customer Journey Map

Christopher Barnett - VP of Revenue at Aptitude 8

danmoyle
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Great question @dwilhere (thanks for the tag @kvlschaefer) In addition to the great advice from @christopher-RVO & @RJaglan, I'll add my experience. 

After understanding your ICP & personas, and diving into where they find their information within their buyer's journey, I think about my owned content first: website. Do you have a SEO-friendly website and blog? Are you solving problems there? Next, do you use the social media that's relevant to your personas? What kind of personality can you add to you social presence to increase your individuality? 

Finally, what analytics are you using to check what's working and what isn't? As you build the top of your funnel, and you're serving those leads along their journey, are you able to see where they engage more and where they fall off? Because all the inbound leads in the world can't help a broken flywheel (or leaky funnel) when your nurturing journey is inefficient. 

That's my two cents. All the best! 

P.S. Please remember it's a long term journey, not a short sprint. Adding ad dollars can help increase early momentum, but you really do need a long-term content strategy. 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/

Jnix284
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

@dwilhere I'm late to the party, there is already a lot of really great advice here.

As @danmoyle mentioned, I would take a look at my owned content first, starting with website and blog - I think it is interesting that wasn't on your list 🤔

Thanks for the tag @kvlschaefer, lots of great insights as always!

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

jolle
Solution
Recognized Expert | Partner

SOLVE

@kvlschaefer thanks for the mention!

I am late to the party as well, but there's already a ton of amazing insight here!

Totally agree with @Jnix284 and @danmoyle that your owned assets are a great place to start. It will defnitely take time and dedication, and there's really no shortcut to traffic generation (unless you're putting ad dollars behind it). Write content for your users in a way that's valuable to them, meets them where they are, and proactively addresses questions and concerns that they may have. Then you can layer in keywords wher ethey didn't appear naturally and optimize your site for Google. Definitely make sure you're using Google Search Console to track your ranking keywords and the searches that are actually sending people to your website. 

Totally agree with @danmoyle that tracking and reporting on engagement once people actually hit your website is super important. It doesn't do you much good if your leads don't know what to do or how to engage with you once they reach your website, so ensure that your pages are optimized for conversion and present multiple options for someone to get in touch with you (i.e., newsletter subscribe, contact form, demo request form, chatbot, content downloads). You also want to make sure that you have your lead intake and nurturing process (hopefully in HubSpot) dialed in to provide the best experience for leads once they enter your database. And when leads get into your CRM, don't be afraid to offer them more website pages to explore if they will be helpful! Google is looking at user engagement on your pages (how long they stay, what they click, their order of page views), so sessions where a lead is revisiting your website still have some bearing on your rankings.

Hope this helps!!

Jacob Olle

Marketing Operations Manager

HubSpot Certified Trainer

Create Your Own Free Signature

7 Replies 7
PKoras

SOLVE

Having a good understanding of your ideal customer profile (ICP) and buyer personas is a great first step in understanding the channels you should lean into to drive inbound traffic or generate leads. 

jolle
Solution

SOLVE

@kvlschaefer thanks for the mention!

I am late to the party as well, but there's already a ton of amazing insight here!

Totally agree with @Jnix284 and @danmoyle that your owned assets are a great place to start. It will defnitely take time and dedication, and there's really no shortcut to traffic generation (unless you're putting ad dollars behind it). Write content for your users in a way that's valuable to them, meets them where they are, and proactively addresses questions and concerns that they may have. Then you can layer in keywords wher ethey didn't appear naturally and optimize your site for Google. Definitely make sure you're using Google Search Console to track your ranking keywords and the searches that are actually sending people to your website. 

Totally agree with @danmoyle that tracking and reporting on engagement once people actually hit your website is super important. It doesn't do you much good if your leads don't know what to do or how to engage with you once they reach your website, so ensure that your pages are optimized for conversion and present multiple options for someone to get in touch with you (i.e., newsletter subscribe, contact form, demo request form, chatbot, content downloads). You also want to make sure that you have your lead intake and nurturing process (hopefully in HubSpot) dialed in to provide the best experience for leads once they enter your database. And when leads get into your CRM, don't be afraid to offer them more website pages to explore if they will be helpful! Google is looking at user engagement on your pages (how long they stay, what they click, their order of page views), so sessions where a lead is revisiting your website still have some bearing on your rankings.

Hope this helps!!

Jacob Olle

Marketing Operations Manager

HubSpot Certified Trainer

Create Your Own Free Signature
danmoyle
Solution

SOLVE

Great question @dwilhere (thanks for the tag @kvlschaefer) In addition to the great advice from @christopher-RVO & @RJaglan, I'll add my experience. 

After understanding your ICP & personas, and diving into where they find their information within their buyer's journey, I think about my owned content first: website. Do you have a SEO-friendly website and blog? Are you solving problems there? Next, do you use the social media that's relevant to your personas? What kind of personality can you add to you social presence to increase your individuality? 

Finally, what analytics are you using to check what's working and what isn't? As you build the top of your funnel, and you're serving those leads along their journey, are you able to see where they engage more and where they fall off? Because all the inbound leads in the world can't help a broken flywheel (or leaky funnel) when your nurturing journey is inefficient. 

That's my two cents. All the best! 

P.S. Please remember it's a long term journey, not a short sprint. Adding ad dollars can help increase early momentum, but you really do need a long-term content strategy. 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
Jnix284
Solution

SOLVE

@dwilhere I'm late to the party, there is already a lot of really great advice here.

As @danmoyle mentioned, I would take a look at my owned content first, starting with website and blog - I think it is interesting that wasn't on your list 🤔

Thanks for the tag @kvlschaefer, lots of great insights as always!

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

christopher-RVO
Solution

SOLVE

@dwilhere  I think driving inbound traffic really depends on a variety of things like the industry you serve, B2B/B2C/D2C, and your ICP + buyer persona.

Ultimately, creating a relevant and positive customer journey for your buyer personas is the best way to drive traffic to your site. Mapping out your customer journey based on your findings from buyer persona development will give you more context in how to analyze which channels are driving the most activity. 

Check out these free HubSpot tools to help you get started:

- Buyer Persona Creator

- Customer Journey Map

Christopher Barnett - VP of Revenue at Aptitude 8

RJaglan
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @dwilhere,

Sometimes an image is enough to explain 1000 thoughts! Here you go! Found one screenshot from my marketing treasure bundle

Hope this data will be insightful for you. 

Screenshot 2022-10-11 at 15.25.53.png

Thank you for the mention @kvlschaefer  💚

Best,
🖤 from berlin

kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @dwilhere,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

This is a great question 🙂 

I would like to invite our subject matter experts to this conversation to see if they have insight.

Hi @danmoyle@Jnix284@jolle@christopher-RVO@RJaglan@miguel_lage - Which tools or methods do you use to drive inbound traffic? 

Curious to hear your thoughts 🙂

Thank you! 

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !