Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

JKoban
Participant

Way to trigger Jira integration from an Automation

SOLVE

Hello,

My organization is looking to further tie Hubspot into our workflows by creating an automation that will create a Jira ticket.  We are trying to streamline the handoff process between the sales team (handling purchase details) and the support team (generating license files).

Ideally, the automation would fire upon the closing of a specific deal type and create a specific Jira ticket type.  I've tried to use the integration before and I am aware that certain fields (in particular custom ones) aren't able to be used, but pushing the relevant deal information into the ticket description would work for our purposes (for now).

In looking at the automation tasks, I'm only seeing 'Automated Email', 'Manual Email Task', 'Call Task', and 'Genearl Task'.  Are these the only available automation procesess? If not, is there a primer on using integrations in the context of automations.

In looking further into this I realized I was looking at sequences and not workflows, however while I can see actions in workflows for a variety of apps, I do not see Jira.  We have the Jira integration already configured and can create Jira tickets manually, however I don't see it as an option in available actions.

Thank you in advance!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
KTownsend
Solution
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hey @JKoban hmm that's strange, are you creating a ticket-based workflow?

Katie Townsend - Acquisition Consultant at BBD Boom

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
Flowace

SOLVE

Hello,

I understand your goal of integrating HubSpot into your workflows by automating the creation of Jira tickets to streamline the handoff process between your sales and support teams. To trigger the Jira integration upon the closing of a specific deal type, you can leverage workflows in HubSpot.

However, based on your observation, it seems you're having difficulty finding the Jira integration option in workflow actions. It's worth noting that certain fields, especially custom ones, might have limitations in integration. While exploring automation tasks, you mentioned 'Automated Email,' 'Manual Email Task,' 'Call Task,' and 'General Task.' It's essential to clarify that these are tasks within sequences, not workflows. In workflows, actions for various apps are available, but you're facing an issue with the absence of Jira integration options.

I recommend revisiting your workflow settings to ensure the Jira integration is properly configured. If you encounter challenges, referring to a primer on using integrations in the context of workflows could provide valuable insights

0 Upvotes
JKoban
Participant

SOLVE

Hello KTownsend,

We have Marketing Hub Professional, Sales Hub Enterprise, and Operations Hub Starter.

I had already created a workflow but am getting stuck at this step:

"In the right sidebar, select Create Jira issue"

I'm not finding Jira actions in either 'Available actions' or 'Connect an App'.  I've confirmed that I have Jira set up in Settings > Integrations.

Thank you for the information regarding tokens, I have used those previously in emails for deals in another pipeline.  The key issue here is the lack of Jira as an available option for an action.  I've reviewed the levels for Operations Hub and I don't think that is the issue.  I do see that 'Scheduled workflow triggers' isn't available for operations hub starter, but that seems like that is for reoccuring scheduled workflows, not ones triggered by an action.

Thank you again for the information.

-James

0 Upvotes
KTownsend
Solution

SOLVE

Hey @JKoban hmm that's strange, are you creating a ticket-based workflow?

JKoban
Participant

SOLVE

KTownsend,

Ahh, I was trying to use a deal-based workflow as I was using the deal status changing as the trigger.  Unfortunately, it looks like ticket-based workflows require Service Hub professional.  Thank you for the suggestions and assistance!

0 Upvotes
KTownsend

SOLVE

Hi there! What HubSpot suscription do you have?

For Professional and Enterprise packages, with the Jira integration you should be able to create a Jira ticket using a ticket-based workflow. Using this action, you can set the issue project, type, summary, and a description.

To add a Create Jira issue action to a workflow:

• In your HubSpot account, navigate to Automation > Workflows.
  • Click the name of a workflow, or create a new workflow.
  • In the workflow editor, click the plus icon + to add a workflow action.
  • In the right sidebar, select Create Jira issue

KTownsend_0-1681497332090.png

• Set up the details for the Jira issues you'll be creating.
    • HubSpot will automatically pull in the available projects and types from Jira.
    • You can insert ticket tokens into the Summary and Description fields to pull details directly from your enrolled tickets. For example, you could add the Ticket status token to automatically include in the HubSpot ticket status into the Jira description.

KTownsend_1-1681497332074.png

• When you're done setting up the ticket details, click Save.

I hope this helps!