Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

Shanmac0803

Watch List

SOLVE

Hello! we sell construction equipment and take trades. At times we get requests for equipment that we do not have but may get in on trade in the future. So I need a way to keep those listed and in front of us. Any suggested that could be used. We have the full hubspot package. I tried using "lists" but I couldn't see that would help unless I am doing it wrong TIA! Shannon 

1 Accepted solution
Will_Lench
Solution
Member | Diamond Partner
Member | Diamond Partner

Watch List

SOLVE

Hi!

How do you currently sell construction equipment through hubspot? Do you use deals and if so do you use an external software for mainting your equipment inventory?

One way you could do it is using 2 properties. The first would be a broad catagory of product being requested. The second would be a single line text field. You could then run a report for deals that have been lost due to equipment that you dont sell and have 2 tables. The first showing you which catagory of equipment that is being requested the most and the second would show you what all of that equipment is within that catagory. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
jolle
Recognized Expert | Partner
Recognized Expert | Partner

Watch List

SOLVE

Hey @Shanmac0803, thanks for reaching out! This is a great question.

How are you currently tracking construction equipment and trades in HubSpot? If you have a property captures equipment of interest (what the contact wants/is buying), you could use that to create equipment-specific lists. When you then get a specific piece of equipment as a trade-in, you'll easily be able to find the contacts who said they're interested.

If you see this happen often, even if it's just for a few pieces of equipment, you could also create your own "waiting list" with a form that a contact can fill out to be notified of future availability. You could create a list from that form or use a general form with that equipment of interest property that would allow the user to select all pieces of equipment that they'd like to hear about. 

This all comes down to storing the info in a standardized, easily segmentable way (or getting that into place if it doesn't exist today).

Hope this helps at least get you started! Happy to share additional thoughts if you can tell us more about how this looks now.

Jacob Olle

Marketing Operations Manager

HubSpot Certified Trainer

Create Your Own Free Signature
Will_Lench
Solution
Member | Diamond Partner
Member | Diamond Partner

Watch List

SOLVE

Hi!

How do you currently sell construction equipment through hubspot? Do you use deals and if so do you use an external software for mainting your equipment inventory?

One way you could do it is using 2 properties. The first would be a broad catagory of product being requested. The second would be a single line text field. You could then run a report for deals that have been lost due to equipment that you dont sell and have 2 tables. The first showing you which catagory of equipment that is being requested the most and the second would show you what all of that equipment is within that catagory. 

Shanmac0803

Watch List

SOLVE
Hello! Yes we used for Construction Equipment (lawn mowers to cranes!) we use CDK for our inventory /finance side. We tried to use for CRM and it was not helpful there. We just started HS on 4/1/2023.
Thanks for the idea. I really like that idea!
0 Upvotes
Will_Lench
Member | Diamond Partner
Member | Diamond Partner

Watch List

SOLVE

No worries at all. Good luck!

0 Upvotes