Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

AHudson
Contributeur

Videos hosted in Marketing-> files: Can they be used on external sites?

Résolue

Hello experts!

I uploaded a video to Hubspot and need to use it in an Intercom email campaign.  Intercom does not support video at this time, so I thought I could use an image that links to the video hosted in Hubspot.  The problem I'm running into is: On desktop, the video will only download.  On mobile, it autoplays.  I'd love for this video to open in a new tab and play, like it does on mobile.

Any suggestions / advice would be appreciated!🙏

0 Votes
1 Solution acceptée
karstenkoehler
Solution
Au panthéon de la communauté | Partenaire solutions

Résolue

Hi @AHudson,

Are you linking to the video file directly? If yes, then I think this behavior is entirely up to the browser settings/defaults on the user's end.

For a workaround, you could either upload the video as an unlisted video on another video platform (YouTube, Vimeo etc.) or upgrade to a paid Vidyard license which lets you create share links. These would not open a file in the users browser and not trigger a download.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

2 Réponses
AHudson
Contributeur

Résolue

Hi @karstenkoehler !

Thank you again for swooping in so quickly!

Here's what I ended up doing:

I created a Vidyard free account using my Hubspot linked google account info.  It recognized I had Hubspot and I was able to access my Hubspot video, and share them for free.  Pretty cool!

karstenkoehler
Solution

Résolue

Hi @AHudson,

Are you linking to the video file directly? If yes, then I think this behavior is entirely up to the browser settings/defaults on the user's end.

For a workaround, you could either upload the video as an unlisted video on another video platform (YouTube, Vimeo etc.) or upgrade to a paid Vidyard license which lets you create share links. These would not open a file in the users browser and not trigger a download.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.