Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

LBKoch
Participante | Parceiro
Participante | Parceiro

Validation on phone numbers

resolver

Has difficulty seeing the value of the hole new feature on the contact phone numbers, with "Phone number validation".
On any contact persons, direct an mobile phone number.

Has anyone found a possible solution, so not all numbers need to be manually validated.

On Sales Professional

We have country codes on all contacts.

Regards
Lars

2 Solução aceitas
michaeljay201
Solução
Colaborador(a)

resolver

@LBKoch,

After digging through existing Knowledge Base articles and blog posts to find any information on this update/change to phone number validation and formatting directly from Hubspot, I found...pretty much nothing. 

So, I created a new Idea that encapsulates this Idea / feature request as well as others that I have come across in my search for info on phone number validation and auto-formatting. You can find it here.

Knowing that Hubspot only makes feature requests when a sufficient number of users request it, I would recommend upvoting and commenting as many of these ideas and posts as possible. The ones I found are hereherehere, and here.

Exibir solução no post original

Camille_Balhorn
Solução
Colaborador(a) | Parceiro Diamante

resolver

Hey LBKoch,

I've found success importing these en masse since you posted a year ago! 

Option 1: Format all phone numbers in your spreadsheet as '+11234567890 ext123 according to this Knowledge Base article. This one is for the US: +1. The ' is important so that it doesn't create a formula. 

Option 2: Use Insycle. This is a data cleansing import application, and one of the pieces of data it cleanses/formats is phone number. See photo below--it can accurately import with country code. It shows USA here, but I've had other countries work! 

Camille_Balhorn_0-1676675386391.png

Hope this helps--let me know if you try it again! 

Exibir solução no post original

16 Respostas 16
Camille_Balhorn
Solução

resolver

Hey LBKoch,

I've found success importing these en masse since you posted a year ago! 

Option 1: Format all phone numbers in your spreadsheet as '+11234567890 ext123 according to this Knowledge Base article. This one is for the US: +1. The ' is important so that it doesn't create a formula. 

Option 2: Use Insycle. This is a data cleansing import application, and one of the pieces of data it cleanses/formats is phone number. See photo below--it can accurately import with country code. It shows USA here, but I've had other countries work! 

Camille_Balhorn_0-1676675386391.png

Hope this helps--let me know if you try it again! 

MiaSrebrnjak
Gerente da Comunidade
Gerente da Comunidade

resolver

This is great, thanks for sharing @Camille_Balhorn! 🙂 

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

dhartzer
Membro

resolver

I agree. There are several "new" features that require extra steps. When a CRM has 2 or 3 steps over the prior 1 step, that's a waste of time, in my opinion. I don't see any advantage to having a pop out box to enter a simple phone number. The other extra step occurs when adding associated companies. I much preferred the old way of typing and hitting <save>. Quick, easy and done. Please consider the end-user when creating these extra, unnecessary button pushes. 

cpsam
Participante

resolver

Can this feature be disabled?  This is a waste of time; all of my contacts are in the US & I can't just copy & paste the phone #s in my phone quickly anymore.  If we don't do the phone # exactly how HS wants it, it jumbles up the phone # & it's completely wrong.

brittanyCP1
Colaborador(a)

resolver

I completely agree with this! Being forced into "validating phone numbers" with no solutions for having Hubspot help us accomplish this, is a huge waste of time. Contacts fill out Hubspot forms on our website, and their phone numbers still come in "invalid." If we are forced into this change, Hubspot needs to make changes that allow Hubspot Forms to validate numbers on the forms themselves.

NDewey
Participante

resolver

COMPLETELY AGREE! 

0 Avaliação positiva
DocWatson
Participante

resolver

Yes, this is a pain. 99% of my contact numbers are within the US, and yet all of a sudden contact phone numbers are popping up forfoprmatting and not allowng me to just copy them into my dialer, etc.

Can we turn off international codes or something?

Mass edit the formats? Something please.. I'm using Starter Hub versions

brittanyCP1
Colaborador(a)

resolver

AGREE! This is a huge waste of time and we want this feature turned OFF!

kvlschaefer
Gerente da Comunidade
Gerente da Comunidade

resolver

Hi @brittanyCP1@DocWatson, and @cpsam,

Thanks for your feedback. I would encourage you to upvote the idea that @michaeljay201 created. 

Our product team, who monitors the forum regularly, can read your specific use case and understand why this would be a useful functionality or change. It also helps other customers facing the same issue to advocate for its implementation on your behalf by upvoting on the thread as well.

Thank you,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
michaeljay201
Solução
Colaborador(a)

resolver

@LBKoch,

After digging through existing Knowledge Base articles and blog posts to find any information on this update/change to phone number validation and formatting directly from Hubspot, I found...pretty much nothing. 

So, I created a new Idea that encapsulates this Idea / feature request as well as others that I have come across in my search for info on phone number validation and auto-formatting. You can find it here.

Knowing that Hubspot only makes feature requests when a sufficient number of users request it, I would recommend upvoting and commenting as many of these ideas and posts as possible. The ones I found are hereherehere, and here.

CSwinburne
Participante | Parceiro Elite
Participante | Parceiro Elite

resolver

Can this feature be disabled or removed, it's an issue as can't copy number from hubspot contact property, now adds another step?

LBKoch
Participante | Parceiro
Participante | Parceiro

resolver

LBKoch_0-1649074957714.png

karstenkoehler
Membro do Hall da Fama | Parceiro

resolver

Hi @LBKoch,

Thank you for sharing. If you want this to be a bulk feature, I'd recommend requesting it in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community. The product team reviews these requests based on their popularity.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

karstenkoehler

resolver

Hi @LBKoch,

Could you specify which feature you're referring to (feel free to share a screenshot)?

If you're referring to phone number fields on HubSpot forms, then you can specify a minimum and maximum number of digits in the left sidebar:

karstenkoehler_0-1649074788422.png

If you're referring to phone number formatting, Operations Hub has data formatting workflows which can help with the phone number clean-up: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/workflows/format-your-data-with-workflows

I'm not aware of any out of the box features for validating all phone numbers.

Best regards

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

CP-BWG
Colaborador(a)

resolver

You referenced the Operations Hub workflows article, but there is nothing specific in there about phone numbers or region codes.  Could you provide your method for putitng phone numbers through any of the "Formatting" Operations Hub workflow actions with the formatting steps that yield the desired result?  We want to apply a region code and also format them all the same (ie, +1 (555) 555-1212, or +1 555-555-1212)

LBKoch
Participante | Parceiro
Participante | Parceiro

resolver

Thanks, it not on landing pages or forms, but on contacts persons, an it all new, I got it on two of my costomers.