Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

alexagatiss
Colaborador

Using workflows to alert Sales team of prospects opening marketing emails

I am hoping to create a workflow that bridges the gap between Sales and Marketing. The idea is that after a contact (prospect) opens a marketing email more than 4 times (or a significant number), then the contact owner recieves an email. The email would say something like "This contact has opened this marketing email more than 4 times. We suggest that you follow up with a quick email to schedule a meeting, or asking about their needs as it relates to the marketing email that was sent."

That way, we could easily nuture the contacts, even across teams.

Does anyone have any experience with doing this? Or have any tips on how to make it the most effective?

Thanks!

2 Respuestas 2
Ben_M
Asesor destacado

Don't do this especially if you send to enterprise clients. There are many systems that will randomly open your emails to check for spam/viruses/etc as a precaution, in addition to the under reporting of iOS devices with other security measures that prevent the tracking from working as it should. Because of those variances, using opens would not be recommended. I would say to look for contacts who are engaged (ie: clicks/page visits/form submissions/etc) and raise those to the attention of your sales team through lead scoring that when a lead's activity goes up they should be getting contacted.

alexagatiss
Colaborador

Is there a different number that you would suggest to use as significant perhaps? I am asking because in the industry in general, email sends often have very few contacts who are "engaged" through clicks/page visits/form submissions/etc but instead lots of views-- for example one of my last sends was viewed 14, 12 and 8 times. Do you think iOS reporting would open the emails more than once? I have a low rate of clients who open emails from Apple Mail (iOS). Thanks

0 Me gusta