Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

SThalhammer
Participant

Using separate e-mail sender adresses for Newsletters

SOLVE

Hello there!

To keep my e-mail sender adress healthy I would like to use a dedicated sender e-mail adress for my newsletter(s). 

We are going to provide 2 different kinds:

• Sparks - 3-4 personal style emails a month
  • Digital Digest - monthly recap

I would like to use sparks@firestorm-digital.com and digest@firestorm-digital.com as the senders.

Also to make clear that those are newsletter style e-mails and not from my personal e-mail account.

Are there any downsides to this or would you recommend setting up a structure like this as well? 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
jolle
Solution
Recognized Expert | Partner

SOLVE

@kvlschaefer thanks for the mention!

And good question, @SThalhammer! Echoing @NicoleSengers, ongoing marketing email communication like this typically performs better when it comes from (or seems like it's coming from) an actual person. Given your email cadence, you want to do everything you can to ensure that subscribers are engaging with your emails. If you're sending 4-5 combined marketing emails every month, subscribers ignoring those can hurt your sender score over time.

I usually see marketing emails like these coming from a non-sales person so you can avoid the confusion that you mentioned and build up other relationships between your company and subscribers. Is there another person in your organization who can be the face of Sparks or Digital Digest? If so, I would have the emails come from them.

That said, you know your audience better than any of us do. If you feel like they would be able to easily distinguish your ongoing marketing emails or prefer to receive them in the format you mentioned, that's the move!

Hope this helps!!

Jacob Olle

Marketing Operations Manager

HubSpot Certified Trainer

Create Your Own Free Signature

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
jolle
Solution

SOLVE

@kvlschaefer thanks for the mention!

And good question, @SThalhammer! Echoing @NicoleSengers, ongoing marketing email communication like this typically performs better when it comes from (or seems like it's coming from) an actual person. Given your email cadence, you want to do everything you can to ensure that subscribers are engaging with your emails. If you're sending 4-5 combined marketing emails every month, subscribers ignoring those can hurt your sender score over time.

I usually see marketing emails like these coming from a non-sales person so you can avoid the confusion that you mentioned and build up other relationships between your company and subscribers. Is there another person in your organization who can be the face of Sparks or Digital Digest? If so, I would have the emails come from them.

That said, you know your audience better than any of us do. If you feel like they would be able to easily distinguish your ongoing marketing emails or prefer to receive them in the format you mentioned, that's the move!

Hope this helps!!

Jacob Olle

Marketing Operations Manager

HubSpot Certified Trainer

Create Your Own Free Signature
SThalhammer
Participant

SOLVE

Hello @jolle !

Thanks for your thourough answer.

That really got me thinking and basically "answered" my question. I need to decide on how to show up externally for it to make sense. 

Right now it's just me so unfortunately I can't name someone else but I see that it would make sense to have someone like that in place. 

Thanks

NicoleSengers
Guide | Elite Partner
Guide | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hi @SThalhammer 

This is a good way to send out your newsletters. It's good to send them from a dedicated address but I would recommend you add a more personalised sender name. 

I would also suggest you ask people to add to their address book and follow all the email deliverability recommendations in this article.

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

Kind regards,
Nicole Sengers
SThalhammer
Participant

SOLVE

Hey @NicoleSengers !

Thanks for your reply.

Maybe I'm to complicated in my thinking here ...

I already have a personal email address for sales emails.

My clients feedbacked that they get confused when I send them direct AND newsletter emails as they can't separate them from each other.

How would you use a more personal email address in that case?

0 Upvotes
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @SThalhammer,

Thanks for reaching out!

I would like to add our subject matter experts to see if they have any advice.

Hi @NicoleSengers@jolle@danmoyle - Do you have any thoughts for @SThalhammer on this? 

Thank you!

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !