Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

MGuest4

Using sales tools to develop a system of contacting prospects

SOLVE

Hello, I am trying to figure out the best methods of contacting prospects in the sales hub (without using saleshub professional). Therefore, I am wondering if anyone has suggestions about best practices when it comes to sales emailing? Is using 'tasks' the best way to create a process of contacting prospects? I am looking to make an easy and efficient step by step process that anyone in my company can follow. Any and all help would be appreciated thank you.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
AdamLPW
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @MGuest4,

Of what would you like your "process" to consist?  For example, should this be a template email, followed by a second template email, followed by a phone call?

Task queues, though fantastically useful, aren't a "process", more a single task for many individual prospects.  As a starter user, I think you might have to manage your workflows via other software, unless anyone else here has clever suggestions...

I'm lucky enough to have access to Sequences (I'm on a legacy Starter package from back in the day when it wasn't just available to Pro users), and processes are exactly what Sequences offer.  In the absence of this, you could set yourself a reminder/task using a task management system like ToDoist, MS Tasks, Google Tasks, etc., to try and "automate" the process.  

As with all things in HubSpot - the native functionality is there if you're prepared to pay for it.  You can work around this using alternative tools, but this always introduces manual input and the potential for user error.  

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
"The rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience. I will dispense this experience... now!"

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
AdamLPW
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @MGuest4,

Of what would you like your "process" to consist?  For example, should this be a template email, followed by a second template email, followed by a phone call?

Task queues, though fantastically useful, aren't a "process", more a single task for many individual prospects.  As a starter user, I think you might have to manage your workflows via other software, unless anyone else here has clever suggestions...

I'm lucky enough to have access to Sequences (I'm on a legacy Starter package from back in the day when it wasn't just available to Pro users), and processes are exactly what Sequences offer.  In the absence of this, you could set yourself a reminder/task using a task management system like ToDoist, MS Tasks, Google Tasks, etc., to try and "automate" the process.  

As with all things in HubSpot - the native functionality is there if you're prepared to pay for it.  You can work around this using alternative tools, but this always introduces manual input and the potential for user error.  

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
"The rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience. I will dispense this experience... now!"