Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

MSarafzadeh
Participant

Using properties in forms

SOLVE

Hi, 

Is it possible to have one property appear on tickets, deals, and contacts? I see there are three seperate categories when creating a property (ex: ticket property). We have two forms: customer service and repairs. The CS form creates a ticket, the repair form creates a deal. We need serial numbers that are input by the customer on the forms to appear in both the contact and the ticket/deal. Is there a way to do this? Right now it is set up so that the SN only is placed in one or the other. It would be preferable to have a single SN property that can do both. 

I tried to figure it out but have hit a wall. Any tips? 

1 Accepted solution
Jnix284
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

@MSarafzadeh Every property is created per object (deal, ticket, contact, etc.) and can only be visible on that objects records (specific ticket, contact, deal, etc.) - there are a few options for making this visible.

On the contact record, you can determine what information is visible for the Ticket, which would let you surface this number on the contact record without it being a contact property.

Settings > Objects > Tickets > Manage Cards

Jnix284_0-1709331396432.png

If this doesn't work for you, then you could build a workflow that would copy the value from the ticket form property to a similar property on the contact record - this could get complicated if you have more than one ticket associated to the same contact.

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Jnix284
Solution

SOLVE

@MSarafzadeh Every property is created per object (deal, ticket, contact, etc.) and can only be visible on that objects records (specific ticket, contact, deal, etc.) - there are a few options for making this visible.

On the contact record, you can determine what information is visible for the Ticket, which would let you surface this number on the contact record without it being a contact property.

Settings > Objects > Tickets > Manage Cards

Jnix284_0-1709331396432.png

If this doesn't work for you, then you could build a workflow that would copy the value from the ticket form property to a similar property on the contact record - this could get complicated if you have more than one ticket associated to the same contact.

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

MSarafzadeh
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you!

Jnix284

SOLVE

you're welcome @MSarafzadeh, happy this was helpful!