Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

JRobertshaw
Participant

Using forms to enter multiple contacts at once

SOLVE

Our client has a scenario when they are oboarding new clients that they currently send out a MS Forms to a client and ask them to enter all of the stakeholders and their roles into one feld and then have to manually enter this information into HubSpot. 

They are looking for a solution where they can send through a form and then the client enters the details and it automatically eneters the contacts into HubSpot andAssigns them to their Company. 

What we are loking for is a solution where the client can enter the number of stakeholders in their team and then the HubSpot form either repeats or enables them to enter as many users as possible. 

Is their solution that we can use to support this functionality? 

Thank you 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JRobertshaw,

Yes, this is possible. It can't be done directly from the forms editor but with the help of workflows.

In your website form, you would add single-line text fields for the email addresses of the additional contacts, e.g. Email 2, Email 3, Email 4 etc.

In a contact-based workflow, you can then enroll the initial contact who submitted the form. In the actions sidebar, there is an action to create a new record. This action allows for the use of personalization tokens, so you would add the personalization token of the fields created above here.

karstenkoehler_0-1652329007663.png

The same principle applies to any other field (first name, last name etc). Make sure to exchange the form for the correct one.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JRobertshaw,

Yes, this is possible. It can't be done directly from the forms editor but with the help of workflows.

In your website form, you would add single-line text fields for the email addresses of the additional contacts, e.g. Email 2, Email 3, Email 4 etc.

In a contact-based workflow, you can then enroll the initial contact who submitted the form. In the actions sidebar, there is an action to create a new record. This action allows for the use of personalization tokens, so you would add the personalization token of the fields created above here.

karstenkoehler_0-1652329007663.png

The same principle applies to any other field (first name, last name etc). Make sure to exchange the form for the correct one.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

ChrisPot
Participant

SOLVE

Hi, 

Thank you for this solution. 

It helps me also. 

Is there a possibiliy to send an email marketing to a selection of created contact? Actually a mail is sent to the person who submitted the form, but i would like to send an email to additional contacts. For example contact 1 and contact 3 only. 

Thanks

0 Upvotes
JRobertshaw7

SOLVE

In additon to creating a new contact, set up a Property that will help you identify that that new contact. For example a single tick box called "Form created contact" and ensure it gets ticked. 

Then set up a new workflow that puts any contact with the check box into a active list and associate that active list with a workflow that sends out the email. 

0 Upvotes
ChrisPot
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you for feedback.

Well noted but it does not meet my needs. I will have a better look on the community or post something maybe to better express my requirements 

Have a good day. 

0 Upvotes
JRobertshaw
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Karsten, 

Thanks for this, we now have a questions about associating Parent/Child Companies through a form/workflow. Using the same logic and process that you have provided to create a company. Is there a way in workflows that we can then associae this new comapny as a child or parent to another company 

0 Upvotes
JRobertshaw
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks Karsten!, 
This is a perfect solution. Legend as always! 

Cheers