Sep 22, 2020 7:24 AM
I think we were all excited when the calculated properties came out a couple of weeks ago. Calculated properties are a great tool to:
1. Calculating the time when sales follow up with an MQL or SQL - Is your sales team reaching out to the hot leads in time
2. Calculating how long contacts are in a lifecycle stage - Is there a healthy flow in your lifetime funnel, where should you focus your time more on?
This is all valuable information... but how can you actually implement this with calculated properties?
Let's use the first example: calculating the number of days when sales has followed up with a MQL:
1. Create two custom date picker properties: MQL time stamp & Sales activity timestamp
2. Create a workflow to set a timestamp in the custom property MQL timestamp when the lifecycle stage is known
3. Create a workflow to set a timestamp when sales havereached out
4. And finally create the calculated properties to calculate how long it takes sales to reach out
To use calculated properties to calculated the time between each lifecycle is very similar to the previous example:
1. Create custom datepicker properties for the different lifecycle stages
2. Create a workflow to set the timestamp (see screenshot previous example)
3. Create time between property for two lifecycle stages.
A common question is: Once I created the property date picker and created the workflow to set the time stamp, the previous contacts that fit the criteria the date stamp is today (cause the workflow started today). Is it possible to stamp the date in which they became an MQL?
The answer is yes, you only have to do a small work around for those contacts who already fits in the criteria. You simply have to create a workflow for these contacts to copy the property: "Became MQL date" into your custom datepicker property.
After you have created this workflow and have set this to active, you can turn it off again.
Let me know what you think if these ideas!
Apr 19, 2021 6:40 PM
Will calculated properties automatically re-run if one of the calculation properties values changes?
For example, in your scenario, if the Sales Activity Time Stamp changed for a Contact or Company... would the "Time when sales follow up with an MQL or SQL" calculation for that Contact or Company automatically update?
Nov 23, 2020 9:11 AM - edited Nov 23, 2020 9:13 AM
@Danita Indeed! calculated properties are super helpful, we used this to caluclate the TAT (Turn around Time) of our deals and now we can get deep insights of deal's lifespan and reporting too.
Nov 13, 2020 1:07 PM
Calculated fields are great! Is there a way to code any calculations? For example, I'd like to add 365 days to a Deal's start date to better view Renewal Dates. Has anyone worked up something that fits?
Sep 22, 2020 9:58 AM
I really like this! I also used calculated properties to build a health check system for a clients pipeline, you can read about it here.