Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

fazzio
Miembro

Uploading Email Contacts to New Company Database

resolver

A part of our organization recently split off into their own company and they are requesting a list of segmented contacts from our database to upload into their new database. I am curious if this is ok to do? It seems to me like these contacts have not agreed to receive emails from this new company (even though they're a sub-company of ours) and these contacts belong to the original company because that's who they originally showed interested in. Any suggestions?

0 Me gusta
1 Soluciones aceptada
relabidin
Solución
Exmiembro de HubSpot
Exmiembro de HubSpot

resolver

Hi @fazzio,

Based on what you have shared this seems to me like it would be against CAN-SPAM laws. Since this part of your organization is now a separate company, these contacts have not explicitly opted into communication with the new company. However, I do not know if there are any exceptions for companies that are a child of a larger organization. I recommend seeking the advice of council for this one.

Rami 

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

0 Me gusta
2 Respuestas 2
relabidin
Solución
Exmiembro de HubSpot
Exmiembro de HubSpot

resolver

Hi @fazzio,

Based on what you have shared this seems to me like it would be against CAN-SPAM laws. Since this part of your organization is now a separate company, these contacts have not explicitly opted into communication with the new company. However, I do not know if there are any exceptions for companies that are a child of a larger organization. I recommend seeking the advice of council for this one.

Rami 

0 Me gusta
relabidin
Exmiembro de HubSpot
Exmiembro de HubSpot

resolver

Hi @fazzio,

Rami 

0 Me gusta