Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

Jbacon

Update Internal Value

SOLVE

Hello! Someone change the Lable name on a form, but the internal value did not get updated. Is there a way to change that value? As well as update the internal_value for previous submissions before the change? 

Thanks,
Jessica

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Update Internal Value

SOLVE

Hi @Jbacon,

Changes to values in a form are only applied to this form. You can change the actual value in the property settings: Settings > Properties > search for property and click on it.

In the label column, make the desired changes:

karstenkoehler_0-1651810457471.png

This new label will also reflect on records which have this value.

More information on this can be found here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/manage-your-properties

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Update Internal Value

SOLVE

Hi @Jbacon,

Changes to values in a form are only applied to this form. You can change the actual value in the property settings: Settings > Properties > search for property and click on it.

In the label column, make the desired changes:

karstenkoehler_0-1651810457471.png

This new label will also reflect on records which have this value.

More information on this can be found here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/manage-your-properties

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

thomasjewell87
Participant

Update Internal Value

SOLVE

Hello Karsten.

I have a similar problem, but where the Label I have created has an "unreflective" Internal Value applied.

This is causing lots of issues now that I am starting to use the Zapier integration to automatically populate some reporting on Google Sheets (ie. the internal value shows on Sheets but does not reflect the actual data).

Can you help?

Thanks, 
TomScreenshot 2023-05-04 at 16.09.46.png