Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

LBennett7

Unenroll from a workflow when enrolled into sequence

SOLVE

Hi, looking for some advice! 

We've recently encountered a problem where some contacts were emailed more than we would like because they were included in both a marketing workflow and a sales sequence. 

i.e. marketing ran a campaign to promote a webinar to the same contacts that sales were using sequences to book demos. 

Does anyone have any advice for how we can prevent this from happening using the system? For example, is there a way that if sales are targeting via a sequence, contacts are unenrolled from the marketing workflow? 

The collaboration between marketing and sales is good, so we can have conversations about who is targeting who, however ideally we'd use the system to stop this from happening. 

Many thanks, 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @LBennett7,

The easiest way to exclude contacts who are in sequences from marketing workflows is via the workflow enrollment criteria.

You can simply add the criterion "AND Now in sequence it not equal to True". This is a contact property. As a next step, in the workflow Settings > Unenrollment and suppression > When a contact no longer meets... select "Yes, remove them from this workflow".

Now, when a contact in this workflow enrolls in a sequence, they would unenroll from the workflow immediately.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
LBennett7

SOLVE

@karstenkoehler - sorry - can you confirm how I find 'Now in sequence' is it a contact property - just taking a look and having difficulty finding it in the triggers. 

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @LBennett7,

Yes, it is a contact property:

karstenkoehler_0-1685697500459.png

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @LBennett7,

The easiest way to exclude contacts who are in sequences from marketing workflows is via the workflow enrollment criteria.

You can simply add the criterion "AND Now in sequence it not equal to True". This is a contact property. As a next step, in the workflow Settings > Unenrollment and suppression > When a contact no longer meets... select "Yes, remove them from this workflow".

Now, when a contact in this workflow enrolls in a sequence, they would unenroll from the workflow immediately.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

LBennett7

SOLVE

Thank you for your help (as always!) @karstenkoehler 

0 Upvotes