Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

OAskarov
Participant

Unenroll Vs. remove from a workflow

SOLVE

I'll appreciate it if someone can explain the difference between setting up an action in a workflow to unenroll a contact.

Vs.

Configuring in the workflow settings "Unenrollment and suppression" --> Remove from a specific workflow.

Thank you

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @OAskarov,

You might have experienced a beta version of a feature – not all HubSpot portals are equal.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @OAskarov,

The first option will unenroll the contact from the workflow they are currently in; the workflow where they are currently completing actions. Setting unenrollment, exclusion or goal criteria are effectively all doing the same thing. They will remove the contact from the same workflow. When meeting certain criteria in workflow A, contact is unenrolled from workflow A. (Just to clarify, there is no workflow action that unenrolls a contact from a workflow, only criteria and settings for unenrollment.)

With the second option, you can specify that a the contact should be unenrolled from another workflow they might be enrolled in. For example, you can specify in workflow A that upon enrollment in workflow A, a contact should be unenrolled from contact B.

karstenkoehler_0-1667241000559.png

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

LBennett7

SOLVE

Hi @karstenkoehler when you select 'Remove from specific workflows' are they re-enrolled into those workflows once they've completed the workflow that's removed them (hope that makes sense). 

So for example, contact is enrolled in workflow B and unenrolled from workflow A. When they've completed workflow B, are they automatically enrolled back into workflow A if they still meet the criteria for it? 

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @LBennett7,

No, the unenrollment is not temporary in the sense that the workflow is blocking participation of a contact in a sequence. The contact is removed from the sequence and considered so by all other tools as well regardless of the status of the workflow.

Best regards

Karsten Köhler

OAskarov
Participant

SOLVE

Hello Karsten,

Thank you for that info.

I was sure there was an option to unenroll a contact with an "Action" from specific workflows.

I appreciate the help.

Oren

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @OAskarov,

You might have experienced a beta version of a feature – not all HubSpot portals are equal.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
OAskarov
Participant

SOLVE

Got you.

Thank you for that answer

0 Upvotes