Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

PAtlan
Contributor

Trying to create a deal from a form submission

SOLVE

I'm trying to create a deal from a Form that is submitted by a potential client. 

I've looked at the ideas in (A Form that Creates a Deal), unfortunately none of the Form fields are available as properties in my workflow, so I can't copy them over to the deal. This means my users will have to manually copy over form fields to the Deal!

I've also looked at the knowledge base page: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/forms/form-automations but I can't find the "Automation" tab for my form. The only tabs I see are "Form",  "Options", "FollowUp" and "Style and Preview". 

I'm stumped. For now all i can do is open a ticket from the form ... 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @PAtlan,

You would have to use a ticket-based workflow then to create a deal from a ticket – however I would not recommend that. I'd simply use contact properties for that. (I don't see any reasons why these properties shouldn't exist for the contact record.) You can then use the contact properties in a contact-based workflow to create a deal record.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
Digital Marketer | HubSpot Freelancer | CRM Consultant

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @PAtlan,

Could you specify which forms fields aren't available? Generally, if you're missing a contact property that you want to copy into the new deal, you need to create that contact property first.

For example, if you want to have a form field for deal amount, hypothetically, you would have to create a contact property for deal amount first. You can then use it in the workflow action 'Create record', as explained here.

If you're missing deal fields, click the 'Set another deal property' button, easy to overlook. It's also in the 'Create record' action sidebar.

Let me know if that's what you were referring to. If not, please share a screenshot or more details.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
PAtlan
Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks for your quick reply. On a Sunday!

By looking through your questions, I think I realize that the issue is that the properties I have defined on the form are Ticket properties - I didn't  want them to be attached to the contact, as a given contact may well create another deal request down the line. 

I'm assuming this is why I can't get them to carry over to the form. 

I'm guessing in that case, I need first to create a ticket, and THEN create the deal from the ticket?

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @PAtlan,

You would have to use a ticket-based workflow then to create a deal from a ticket – however I would not recommend that. I'd simply use contact properties for that. (I don't see any reasons why these properties shouldn't exist for the contact record.) You can then use the contact properties in a contact-based workflow to create a deal record.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler