Troubleshooting Toolkit: How to ask a great question
Apr 4, 2019 11:07 AM - edited Apr 4, 2019 4:53 PM
Hey HubSpot Community!
Whether you're a seasoned pro within our Community or a first time visitor (welcome!), I wanted to share some tips and tricks to making the most out of your Community experience. For a more thorough walkthrough, including examples, check out this blog post shared by @Reed, but a quick, community specific list is provided below:
1. Begin by searching – The Community is a growing encyclopedia of knowledge and answers. Before posting a question, be sure to take a few minutes to search the forums. Even if you don’t find your answer, we guarantee you’ll learn something!
2. Create a relevant Subject line – The subject line is an important factor in the search algorithm used in the community, so make sure your subject is something that will be easily searched by other users who may have the same question.
3. Share your subscription level – whether you’re a free CRM user or a Marketing Enterprise customer, please share that in your post. Determining what the best actionable next step is for you is dependent upon what tools you have available
4. Share your goal – Make sure that those who are reading your question will know what you are ultimately trying to accomplish. This is important because sometimes the exact feature or function isn’t always possible, but there may be a creative workaround that gets you to the results you want.
5. Describe the roadblock – What is preventing you from accomplishing this goal? Where are you running into this issue?
6. Provide Examples – This is key. Please share screenshots, links, videos/gifs and as many specifics as possible when explaining your issue or question. This will help provide valuable context around what you are experiencing and where in the tool. The more information and specifics you provide, the better the Community can assist!
7. Mark Answers as “Accepted Solution” – If someone from the community has provided a response that solved your issue or helped answer your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution. This lets others know that the solution was helpful, and also ensures that it is surfaced in the Search results properly.
Following these guidelines will help you provide all of the necessary information in order to get the best possible response!
|We are excited to announce that the Community will be launching a weekly newsletter on November 2, 2020!|
Sign up today!