Jun 22, 2017 4:33 PM - edited Sep 3, 2020 3:15 PM
When it comes to websites, we all know there is more information than what is on the page level. Sometimes in order to troubleshoot a specific issue, HubSpot Support needs a deeper level of information than the error message on the screen, or a screenshot of what isn’t loading. The HAR file can be a valuable piece of content to assist with troubleshooting complex website issues and you may be asked to send a HAR file to HubSpot Support.
A HAR file is a log of activity between an internet browser and a website, and can be accessed through the inspector tool within your web browser.
If you are requested to get a HAR file please follow the steps below. These steps are specific to Google Chrome, which is available for download here.
1. Open Chrome and navigate to the page where the issue is occurring.
2. Right click on your screen and choose “inspect”.
3. Select the “network” tab.
4. Check the “preserve log” and “disable cache” checkboxes.
You will want to ensure that your network tab is recording by looking for the red record button:
. If it is grey or black, click it to begin recording. If you have any activity that already loaded in your network tab, you can clear it by clicking clear:
5. Perform the action, or reload the page, that is causing the issue with the network tab open and recording.
6. Once you have completed the action and the network tab has loaded all of the content, right click within the inspector tool, and select “save as har with content”.
7. Save the file to the desired location on your computer and then attach it to your Support ticket.
Spanish translation available here.
Portuguese translation available here.
French translation available here.
German translation available here.
Japanese translation available here.
How to collect a HAR when connecting with an Oauth integration
When connecting with an Oauth integration, such as Gmail or O365, there are additional steps needed to collect a HAR file.
1. Navigate to Settings > Integrations > Email Integrations > Connect your inbox.
2. Select Gmail or O365 depending on your email provider. A new tab will open.
3. Close original HubSpot tab.
4. Right click on new tab that is opened choose “inspect”.
5. Select the “network” tab.
6. Check the “preserve log” and “disable cache” checkboxes.
7. Continue through the step of entering your Gmail or O365 information.
8. Once you have completed the action and the network tab has loaded all of the content, right click within the inspector tool, and select “save as har with content”.
9. Save the file to the desired location on your computer and then attach it to your Support ticket.
If you have any issues gathering this information, please post your question in the Community.
Jan 10, 2020 3:45 PM - edited Jan 10, 2020 3:57 PM
Directions for Safari
To gather a HAR file in Safari you will need access to the Developer Tools for Safari. This Apple help doc shows how to enable the Developer Tools.
Click Export HAR to save the HAR file
Jan 10, 2020 3:38 PM - edited Jan 10, 2020 3:58 PM
Directions for Edge
To gather a HAR file in Edge:
Click the save button to save the HAR file
Jan 10, 2020 3:36 PM - edited Jan 10, 2020 4:08 PM
Directions for Firefox
Hi all! To gather a HAR file in Firefox: