PBaxter
Contributor

Trapping email changes on a marketing campaign when form filled

SOLVE

Hi,

Anyone know how to trap this:

- an email is sent to a known recipient

- that recipient shares the email with a colleague

- that colleague uses that email which directs to one of our forms and fills in new contact details

- the details of the original recipient are updated erroneously (instead of the new contact)

For example, on email address audit looks like this:

changedemail.png

So if I can filter changes to property 'email' via the forms API, I'd be able to get to a list of suspected changes. But can't imagine how to do that.

Thanks!

Phil

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @PBaxter,

In the settings / options tab of the HubSpot forms editor, there is an option "Always create new contact". When you enable this, the issue won't occur anymore. https://knowledge.hubspot.com/forms/create-forms#customize-your-form-options

For every new email address, HubSpot will force the creation of a new record.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

delilahkl
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

To address the issue of erroneously updating the details of the original recipient instead of the new contact, you can implement a solution by filtering changes to the 'email' property through the forms API. By monitoring and tracking any modifications to the 'email' field, you can compile a list of suspected changes. This allows you to identify and investigate instances where the original recipient's information is mistakenly updated and winch information.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
delilahkl
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

To address the issue of erroneously updating the details of the original recipient instead of the new contact, you can implement a solution by filtering changes to the 'email' property through the forms API. By monitoring and tracking any modifications to the 'email' field, you can compile a list of suspected changes. This allows you to identify and investigate instances where the original recipient's information is mistakenly updated and winch information.

0 Upvotes
PBaxter
Contributor

SOLVE

Thank you - we'll take a look at that

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @PBaxter,

In the settings / options tab of the HubSpot forms editor, there is an option "Always create new contact". When you enable this, the issue won't occur anymore. https://knowledge.hubspot.com/forms/create-forms#customize-your-form-options

For every new email address, HubSpot will force the creation of a new record.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

PBaxter
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi Karsten,

Thanks for the reply. I'm pretty sure we tried something along those lines but encountered some other downsides (IIRC some of the data we already had didn't pre-populate the form). But will check again!

Phil 

Phil

0 Upvotes