Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

Honorable
Contributor

Transitioning from one owner to another through a marketing email

SOLVE

Hello!

Seeking some expertise, suggestions, workarounds or best practices from our awesome community, please.

We have a sales team and customer success team.  I want to automate the process handoff between the sales executive, and customer success representative.

I created an email that is sent and signed by the contact owner (sales person), and in it the contact owner introduces the customer success owner (cs rep).

The email is sent to the contact on a closed won deal.  Ideally, it would also be sent to the customer success owner, and include both of them in the recipients list.  Ideally, it would be automated so that we limit the number of things the reps have to do once the deal is closed.

From what I have seen, that capability isn't in Hubspot, at least precisely- but we really need something like this.  Your thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Honorable,

You're right, this is not supported and the HubSpot product team isn't planning to develop this either, at least not right now. Within HubSpot, there currently isn't any way to send an automated email to both a contact and a user at the same time.

As far as workarounds go, you could send two separate emails back to back, one from the sales owner, another from the customer success owner. The first email would let the recipient know that they'll shortly receive an email from the customer success owner. It's not ideal, since these will be separate emails, they won't appear as a thread for the recipient, but it would accomplish the overall goal: introducing the customer success owner and facilitating the conversation between the new customer and the customer success owner.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Honorable,

You're right, this is not supported and the HubSpot product team isn't planning to develop this either, at least not right now. Within HubSpot, there currently isn't any way to send an automated email to both a contact and a user at the same time.

As far as workarounds go, you could send two separate emails back to back, one from the sales owner, another from the customer success owner. The first email would let the recipient know that they'll shortly receive an email from the customer success owner. It's not ideal, since these will be separate emails, they won't appear as a thread for the recipient, but it would accomplish the overall goal: introducing the customer success owner and facilitating the conversation between the new customer and the customer success owner.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Honorable
Contributor

SOLVE

Thank you.  That is in line with what I was thinking.