Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

fafaba
Participant

Transactional emails - Best Practices?

SOLVE

Hi, 

Our transaction emails add on is finally set up and I have some questions about it: 

- From what I understood, transactional emails are email that can't be unsubscribed from, correct ? 

- So it means, I can have a different footer without the "manage communication" preference because they are not marketing emails right? 

- What others thing I should consider maybe about Transactional emails? 

Thank you,

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @fafaba,

@fafaba wrote:

From what I understood, transactional emails are email that can't be unsubscribed from, correct ? 

Correct. That's why this email type should only be used for communication where an unsubscription option is not required. https://knowledge.hubspot.com/marketing-email/how-to-use-transactional-email-in-hubspot

@fafaba wrote:

So it means, I can have a different footer without the "manage communication" preference because they are not marketing emails right? 

Correct. HubSpot does however automatically remove the "Manage preferences" and "Unsubscribe" link from the default email footer when you change the subscription type to "Transactional".

@fafaba wrote:

What others thing I should consider maybe about Transactional emails? 

Never use this subscription type for anything that's marketing or sales. (My reply does not constitute legal advice.) Transactional emails are really only supposed to be used for confirmations, reminders, contractual updates etc.

Also keep in mind that, if you set up a dedicated IP along with transactional emails, you're not sharing your email reputation with other HubSpot customers. More than with regular emails, you want to make sure your transactional emails are opened, clicked, never bounce, never are marked as spam.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @fafaba,

@fafaba wrote:

From what I understood, transactional emails are email that can't be unsubscribed from, correct ? 

Correct. That's why this email type should only be used for communication where an unsubscription option is not required. https://knowledge.hubspot.com/marketing-email/how-to-use-transactional-email-in-hubspot

@fafaba wrote:

So it means, I can have a different footer without the "manage communication" preference because they are not marketing emails right? 

Correct. HubSpot does however automatically remove the "Manage preferences" and "Unsubscribe" link from the default email footer when you change the subscription type to "Transactional".

@fafaba wrote:

What others thing I should consider maybe about Transactional emails? 

Never use this subscription type for anything that's marketing or sales. (My reply does not constitute legal advice.) Transactional emails are really only supposed to be used for confirmations, reminders, contractual updates etc.

Also keep in mind that, if you set up a dedicated IP along with transactional emails, you're not sharing your email reputation with other HubSpot customers. More than with regular emails, you want to make sure your transactional emails are opened, clicked, never bounce, never are marked as spam.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
fafaba
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you for the answers however regarding the text about the manage preferences, i believe in my case hubspot can't remove it. They are HTML footer that I insert so I have to duplicate those footer and remove that line to be used as footer for transactional emails. 

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

@fafaba Correct, for transactional emails HubSpot will simply not require the preference tokens to be present. The defaul footer will reflect that automatically. Your custom footer would have to be adjusted accordingly.

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes