Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

halschlenger
メンバー

Training for onboarding a new user

解決

How much time should I allocate for a new user to learn the email automation functionality.  Let's assume that the person will separately go through the Hubspot Academy to learn the "why" of our marketing efforts.  How much time is needed to learn how to use the tool for the first time?  How long is the ongoing learning curve to be comfortable with running and revising campaigns and A/B testing?

0 いいね!
1件の承認済みベストアンサー
kcooper
解決策
トップ投稿者

解決

@halschlenger, I agree with @relabidin that you can learn the basics of HOW everything functions in a day (or two)...especially now with newly revised HubSpot Certification Courses. The actual mechanics of how the Marketing Email Automation tool work are fairly intuitive (unless you have hired someone who isn't comfortable with modern computers and technology...). 

It is the WHY that is going to take some time, and that depends on the complexity of your company's internal processes...if you have a lot of lists and conditions (sending a list to one segment of people while excluding others) it is going to take someone some on-the-job practicing to get a hang of. 

At the end of the day there is no concrete answer to how long it will take to onboard someone with this tool. I picked up the basics of it in a day, and made a few fumbles at the beginning (no better way to learn!) but was up and running without supervision in a week. I have other co-workers who still constantly ask me questions...they forget what fields they need to filter off of to create views/lists/etc. and have a hard time with the WHY of the tool but not the HOW...sounds like an internal process problem to me if I ever heard one, not a HubSpot issue. 

Please come back and update this thread once you have on-boarded your new user and let us know how it went for you and what other people looking to onboard might be looking forward to (or should be looking to avoid)! 

元の投稿で解決策を見る

0 いいね!
3件の返信
kcooper
解決策
トップ投稿者

解決

@halschlenger, I agree with @relabidin that you can learn the basics of HOW everything functions in a day (or two)...especially now with newly revised HubSpot Certification Courses. The actual mechanics of how the Marketing Email Automation tool work are fairly intuitive (unless you have hired someone who isn't comfortable with modern computers and technology...). 

It is the WHY that is going to take some time, and that depends on the complexity of your company's internal processes...if you have a lot of lists and conditions (sending a list to one segment of people while excluding others) it is going to take someone some on-the-job practicing to get a hang of. 

At the end of the day there is no concrete answer to how long it will take to onboard someone with this tool. I picked up the basics of it in a day, and made a few fumbles at the beginning (no better way to learn!) but was up and running without supervision in a week. I have other co-workers who still constantly ask me questions...they forget what fields they need to filter off of to create views/lists/etc. and have a hard time with the WHY of the tool but not the HOW...sounds like an internal process problem to me if I ever heard one, not a HubSpot issue. 

Please come back and update this thread once you have on-boarded your new user and let us know how it went for you and what other people looking to onboard might be looking forward to (or should be looking to avoid)! 

0 いいね!
relabidin
元HubSpot社員
元HubSpot社員

解決

Hi @halschlenger,

There is not a concrete amount of time that it takes for someone to become familiar with the product, as everyone learns in different ways and at different rates. It is also very dependent on your exact business needs and expectations. 

An individual could probably familiarize themselves with the basic settings of HubSpot's email and automation tools over the course of a day, but for someone like me, the actual learning occurs on the job. I'd say after two weeks a person could be comfortable using HubSpot's email tools, but this is all relative.

@kcooper and @AnnicaThorber, do you have any thoughts or suggestions on this?

Rami 

0 いいね!
halschlenger
メンバー

解決

Thanks Rami.   I heard from Hubspot Sales that someone could learn the basics of the tool in a day, and then be 'up to speed' in a couple of weeks.   I'm curious if others found that the learning curve is more than a couple of weeks (or using the tool for 10 different sessions).....and yes, I realize people learn at their own pace.   Hal

0 いいね!