Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

AFrater5

Tracking external sales meetings only

SOLVE

Does anyone know how to only report on external meetings that reps are having? Our intergration with Outlook is showing both internal and external meetings and I can't see a way to disable the internal ones. 

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @AFrater5,

When you create a report across two objects (contacts + sales activities), you can filter out internal meetings by excluding contacts that have the Email domain of your company. When you do that, HubSpot will essentially ignore meetings logged to contact records of employees.

In general, HubSpot will log meetings according to the criteria in the yellow box at the end of the article: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email/log-email-replies-in-the-crm#requirements-for-a-reply-to-log

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @AFrater5,

When you create a report across two objects (contacts + sales activities), you can filter out internal meetings by excluding contacts that have the Email domain of your company. When you do that, HubSpot will essentially ignore meetings logged to contact records of employees.

In general, HubSpot will log meetings according to the criteria in the yellow box at the end of the article: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email/log-email-replies-in-the-crm#requirements-for-a-reply-to-log

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

AFrater5

SOLVE
Amazing - thanks.

One follow up question (asI seem to have it working)- how can you only count a meeting one that has multiple client attendees (I'm found one for me for today that has three client contacts involved and is counting it as three meetings)?

Thanks again

Al

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @AFrater5,

This depends on what you have selected as primary data source for your report and which count (activities/contacts) you are displaying. It's hard to be precise without seeing your report settings but I'd recommend selecting Sales activities as primary data source.

Best regards

Karsten Köhler