Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

AMoore7
Participant

Tracking B2C activity

SOLVE

Hello. We're using the CRM to track our deals and contacts. We are a coaching service and when a deal is closed we would like to use HS to track the individual employees being coached within that business (deal). What would be the best way to go about tracking the coaching clients (individuals/or contacts) within that business - or Company?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Tracking B2C activity

SOLVE

Correct, @AMoore7. Seems a bit redundant, but you want both the contact record and the ticket record (for the coaching of said contact). Cheers!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Tracking B2C activity

SOLVE

Happy to help. Let me know if you get stuck at any stage, @AMoore7!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Tracking B2C activity

SOLVE

Correct, @AMoore7. Seems a bit redundant, but you want both the contact record and the ticket record (for the coaching of said contact). Cheers!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
AMoore7
Participant

Tracking B2C activity

SOLVE

Thank you so much Karsten!

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Tracking B2C activity

SOLVE

Hey @AMoore7,

I see two options here, the main one being the ticket object. (There aren't many other left, anyway... 😉 )

Tickets can be associated with deals so the relationship between deal and coaching would be immediately clear. I would create a ticket for each coaching (which could in turn be associated with the corresponding contact). Tickets are a status/stage based object, which would probably fit the coaching quite nicely, if there is a kick-off, main work, conclusion etc. Using a standard object also gives you a lot of out-of-the-box reports.

Using contact-based workflows, you could even automatically create the coaching tickets for each contact when a deal is closed.

If you're already using tickets for actual customer service, I'd recommend creating a separate pipeline for fulfillment/coaching.

The second option would be a custom object specifically for a coaching. Custom objects are however only available in the Enterprise subscriptions of HubSpot. I don't see any benefits compared to using the ticket object here. Still, I wanted to mention this since it is a viable option when there are a lot of requirements that the ticket object can't meet.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

AMoore7
Participant

Tracking B2C activity

SOLVE

Karsten,

I just finished reading your answer to a similar question and I think this would work for my situation as well. Just to clarify....

Would I still be creating individual 'contact's under the company record for each coaching client within that company? And THEN associating a ticket to distinguish between a coaching client and the point of contact in closing the deal?

0 Upvotes