Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

mikep

Track account management and sales activity

SOLVE

Hi there,

We have a team of sales and account managers who use Hubspot to manage clients. We use the sales pipeline to create qualified leads, then we move these to proposal sent, job won, job produced, job finished.

During this time the deal and the deal contact will have a bunch of activity and we catch that through using gmail plugins and asking the team to add notes/tasks.

What we would like is a way to report on this activity so we can see which deals had how many touchpoints. Like every business, we struggle to get our team to add all of the activities to Hubspot. By reporting on an activity we are hoping to show the team which deals are getting the appropriate attention and which are not. If we set KPI's around how many times we should interact with a deal I'm thinking it will motivate the team to make sure everything gets added to Hubspot.

Thoughts?

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

Q: Track account management and sales activity

Short A: When you see how we use Databox, you'll never go back to regular reporting again.

Longer A: Here's a sample dashboard we use to track activity for each of our guys. Naturally, we also build standard leaderboards for our HubSpot Marketing clients.

mfjlabs-ironman-cmo-reporting-v03.png

Here's a carousel (rotating view) of everything from revenue reporting to unengaged contact deletion dashboar.... (opens a new tab)

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

View solution in original post

roisinkirby
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Thanks @MFrankJohnson - I know many customers have seen great success with databox. 

@mikep you can also comment/vote for a native HubSpot report here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Track-Account-User-Activity-Tracking/idi-p/2378

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
AndréTjaden

SOLVE

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

Q: Track account management and sales activity

Short A: When you see how we use Databox, you'll never go back to regular reporting again.

Longer A: Here's a sample dashboard we use to track activity for each of our guys. Naturally, we also build standard leaderboards for our HubSpot Marketing clients.

mfjlabs-ironman-cmo-reporting-v03.png

Here's a carousel (rotating view) of everything from revenue reporting to unengaged contact deletion dashboar.... (opens a new tab)

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
roisinkirby
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Thanks @MFrankJohnson - I know many customers have seen great success with databox. 

@mikep you can also comment/vote for a native HubSpot report here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Track-Account-User-Activity-Tracking/idi-p/2378

innovateandgrow
Member | Partner
Member | Partner

SOLVE

When does it make sense to start using Databox versus using the reporting capabilities from Hubspot?

kcooper
Top Contributor

SOLVE

It makes a ton of sense to use Databox if you aren't paying for HubSpot's reporting add-on. 

It also used to make a lot of sense for wanting to look at the same reports over a variable period of time. Databox does a really good job of allowing you to quickly toggle between time periods (this week, this year, etc.). HubSpot now does a pretty good job of doing that too...but they were not always so user-friendly. 

Here is where, for me, Databox is a MAJOR win over HubSpot's reporting - You can have a daily scorecard emailed to you every morning. And it shows up, 100% legible. HubSpot still has a lot of work to do for the usability of the reports that are sent to you via email - a lot of the data/reports are cut off and/or unreadable. I stopped sending myself reports out of HubSpot and started sending them to me from Databox for that very reason. 

Databox also allows you to customize the experience of the report viewing (instead of the fairly limited dashboard views in HubSpot)..so if you want to show 5 dashlets on one screen, you can! 

Um, and it is free - so try for yourself to see if it makes sense for you to use it. There are more reasons to use it than the ones I listed above. 

**Disclaimer** I Love HubSpot reports. I use them in tandem with Databox. 

VirginiaB1
Participant

SOLVE

Do you use HubSpot for Account Management once a "deal" has been won? I'm struggling with how HubSpot is a CRM tool without this true functionality? I am thinking about creating a second pipeline for Account Management purposes but, if I'm thinking correctly, I feel like this will skew our sales pipeline revenue and forecasting numbers.

0 Upvotes