Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

abbyfromcord
Colaborador(a)

Tips and tricks for working with your team in HubSpot!

In my previous role, my manager and I were always in HubSpot together. She'd create some emails, I'd create others. We checked each others and were constantly sending each other test emails with notes and screenshots back saying "See here, the spacing is a bit off..." 

In my current role, I'm working on a solution to this problem! We've built a plug-in for HubSpot that adds chat and annotations into HubSpot so you can chat with your team directly in HubSpot as your working on emails together. 

Annotations in HubSpot.gif

I'd love to get feedback from other HubSpot enthusiasts, you can check it out here. Send me any comments or questions to abby@cord.com 

3 Respostas 3
danmoyle
Participante de valor | Parceiro Elite
Participante de valor | Parceiro Elite

Interesting use case and explanations, @abbyfromcord . Collaboration across teams can be a huge asset. Thanks for the share! 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
GeorgeBThomas
Orientador(a) | Parceiro Elite
Orientador(a) | Parceiro Elite

@abbyfromcord,

This is interesting to me. I'm curious, what is different from the new "Comment" functionality that is showing up in many of the HubSpot tools?

Screenshot 2021-05-07 155732.jpg

Why this vs just communicating in something like Slack?

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea, just interested in more specifics.

Maybe, an interview on Sprocket Talk might even be a great idea?

George B. Thomas

HubSpot Helper & Owner

George B. Thomas, LLC

(252) 656-5950 | (330) 232-6117
george@georgebthomas.com
www.georgebthomas.com
abbyfromcord
Colaborador(a)

Hey George! Thanks for your comment. A few things differentiate using Cord from HubSpot's native tool:

1. Unified inbox across tools. Cord works across any website, web product, or SaaS tool, allowing you to consolidate your notifications in one place. 
2. Task integrations. You can add a connection to Jira, Asana, or any other task manager to create tasks without ever leaving your tab. The task will contain any annotations you make, so no need to go back and add screenshots. 
3. Connection with Slack + team directory. We connect with your Slack org so you can @mention anyone in your team and they get pinged on Slack. You can also share messages directly from Cord to Slack for visibility, and reply directly from there. Which brings me to your next point!

Why this vs just communicating in something like Slack – excellent question. There's three main advantages: 

• Faster. When I saw all the screenshots saved on people's desktops during user interviews, it made me cringe. With Cord, you don't have to take a screenshot, edit it, and go back into Slack to send it. It's all on one page. Sure, this doesn't eliminate hours a day, but we're more for pro teams that are in the "saving minutes" stage. 
  • In-focus. Slack is where focus goes to die. We heard about people going in for one thing, and being distracted by 5 other channels with unread messages, and dozens of DMs. Chatting in Cord, directly on a site or in a tool, enables you to stay in focus. 
  • Context. Especially with the rise of async work, over communicating is key. Especially when you're in complicated tools like HubSpot, it can be hard to explain exactly where you mean. With Cord, you can leave exact steps on how to do something with visual cues, and soon you'll be able to record audio and video.

Hope this helps! I'll send you a message about appearing on Sprocket.