Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

porton

Tiered Tickets Help

SOLVE

I am trying to set up our brand new Service Hub ticketing system. I want to be able to enable users to create tiered tickets.  The examples below would actually form a decision tree based first on Product Type chosen, then specific instrument, then specific problem

Choose Product Type: Instrument or Consumable

Instrument:

CP Select, CP 150, Bobcat ACD-200, LVC

CP Select

Choose Problem:

Elution, Sample, Power, Software, Operational Mode, Shipping Damage, Extreme Failure

Elution:

Describe the problem in detail: Free flowing text.....

Consumable:

.45 Tip, .2 Tip, .05 Tip, Ultra Tip

.45 Tip

Describe the problem in detail: Free flowing text....

Does anyone have experience building this type of ticket /these types of tickets

2 Accepted solutions
briansweat
Solution
Contributor

Tiered Tickets Help

SOLVE
We use a single service hub form currently, but are looking at using the chat bot to ask a few questions to better categorize tickets. It's so much more flexible than a regular, single form.

View solution in original post

joshua-paul
Solution
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner

Tiered Tickets Help

SOLVE

Hi Porton, This is a fun one and not too hard to build in a chat bot! The most time-consuming part will be thinking through your business rules on paper before clicking around in the chat bot builder. 

The good news is that your options for messaging, rules, and routing are endless with HubSpot chat bots. Given that I don't know all of the ins and outs of your use case, here is how I would approach this in its simplest form. (For instance, you'll have many more branches and actions based on the selection that the user makes.)

HubSpot Chat BotHubSpot Chat Bot

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9
joshua-paul
Solution

Tiered Tickets Help

SOLVE

Hi Porton, This is a fun one and not too hard to build in a chat bot! The most time-consuming part will be thinking through your business rules on paper before clicking around in the chat bot builder. 

The good news is that your options for messaging, rules, and routing are endless with HubSpot chat bots. Given that I don't know all of the ins and outs of your use case, here is how I would approach this in its simplest form. (For instance, you'll have many more branches and actions based on the selection that the user makes.)

HubSpot Chat BotHubSpot Chat Bot

porton

Tiered Tickets Help

SOLVE

Wow, this is extremely helpful, Joshua-Paul! Your example flow is very easy to understand and has really turned the light bulb on for me! I look forward to working on this; thanks again for your great suggestions!

0 Upvotes
briansweat
Solution
Contributor

Tiered Tickets Help

SOLVE
We use a single service hub form currently, but are looking at using the chat bot to ask a few questions to better categorize tickets. It's so much more flexible than a regular, single form.
porton

Tiered Tickets Help

SOLVE

That sounds like a great potential solution! How difficult was it to build your chat bot?

0 Upvotes
Mike_Eastwood
Key Advisor | Gold Partner

Tiered Tickets Help

SOLVE

Hi @porton , 

@briansweat idea is great!

Does that work for you?

Mike

0 Upvotes
Mike_Eastwood

Tiered Tickets Help

SOLVE

Hi @porton , thank you @jennysowyrda 

I was literally about to write some code to do a Category, Sub Category manager for Tickets (I think this is called constructive procrastination).

We're working on a HubSpot Integration, for a client of ours, that will allow the Support Team to classify a Ticket with Categories and Sub Categories. They have over 150 Categories and Sub Categories so a single list is a bit clunky.

But it looks like you want a Customer to be able to Categorise the Ticket when they submit a Ticket... is that correct?

Mike

porton

Tiered Tickets Help

SOLVE

Yes, that is correct. But we are just getting our feet wet with Service Hub so we also want our Customer Service employees (all 3 of them!) to be able to categorize/tier the tickets, too; if that makes sense.

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Tiered Tickets Help

SOLVE

Hi @porton,

I want to tag in a few subject matter experts who may be able to assist with this! @Mike_Eastwood@johnelmer@joshua-paul do you have any suggestions for @porton?

Thanks,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
porton

Tiered Tickets Help

SOLVE

Any suggestions will be greatly appreicated, thanks!

0 Upvotes