Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

xpertus

There was a problem loading some information about ... can someone explain how to resolve this?

SOLVE

I am new to HUBSPOT.

When I write an email on Outlook, I get the above message.

How can I resolve this..

The email is not registered to the recipient's contact record on Hubspot, but it seems the email is in the system.

Please help.

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

There was a problem loading some information about ... can someone explain how to resolve this?

SOLVE

Hi @xpertus,

The expected behavior of HubSpot is that responses will log in HubSpot if they are responses to emails that were originally logged to HubSpot. Incoming mail that is not associated with a logged email will not log.

Thanks,
Jenny

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @xpertus,

Can you try the following steps as outlined here

1. Paste the following filepath into your Start menu: C:\Users%Userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\Sidekick\
  2. Remove all files in the folder that opens up
  3. Uninstall Sidekick (if you see two versions of the HubSpot Email add-in in your programs folder, please delete them both): https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/settings/how-do-i-uninstall-hubspot-sales
  4. Reinstall the HubSpot add-in with this link: https://app.getsidekick.com/outlook/download

Thanks,

Jenny

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @xpertus,

Do you mind sharing screenshots of what you are seeing, whether this is only happening for one contact, and any other information you have.

Thanks,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
xpertus

SOLVE

It happens on and off... probably when the contact is not in my contact list.

Hubspot - Issue.PNG

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @xpertus,

The expected behavior of HubSpot is that responses will log in HubSpot if they are responses to emails that were originally logged to HubSpot. Incoming mail that is not associated with a logged email will not log.

Thanks,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
xpertus

SOLVE

Jenny,

here are two attachments - 

When sending a new email, Outlook says there is a problem.

But as you can see this email address is in the database.

Any thoughts?

Thanks a bunch.Hubspot - In Database.JPGHubspot - Issue - with new Email.JPG

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @xpertus,

Can you try the following steps as outlined here

1. Paste the following filepath into your Start menu: C:\Users%Userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\Sidekick\
  2. Remove all files in the folder that opens up
  3. Uninstall Sidekick (if you see two versions of the HubSpot Email add-in in your programs folder, please delete them both): https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/settings/how-do-i-uninstall-hubspot-sales
  4. Reinstall the HubSpot add-in with this link: https://app.getsidekick.com/outlook/download

Thanks,

Jenny

HelpfulMarketer
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you SO MUCH Jenny!  I've had issues with my anti-virus removing a sidekick file multiple times and have had to go through this process a few times over the years.  I couldn't access the old bookmark I had to these instructions for some reason.  Thank you so much @jennysowyrda for putting these up here!  Any time I have any problems with Hubspot for Outlook this is my default move now.  No matter what's wrong, this fixes it.  

xpertus

SOLVE

Jenny,

I truly appreciate the attention to this issue.

Unfortunately, I am not a Techie. This is too much for me...

I am confused what "Sidekick" has to do with all this.

Years back... I used Sidekick; and it faded away.

Would you or someone else in your group be willing to remotely access my laptop using "Anydesk", and resolve this for me?

"Anydesk" is a real cool app.

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @xpertus,

The files on your computer will still contain the name sidekick, that's the only involvement sidekick has. 

If you are able to go through these steps on your own, that will be the best next step to resolving this matter for you. I am on standby to assist through the Community as you need me.

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
xpertus

SOLVE

Jenny,

Please see the attachment - and you will see the HubSpot icon getting in the way of work. is there some way to get rid of it.

It comes up when HubSpot is running in the background. Hubspot - 1.JPG

0 Upvotes
xpertus

SOLVE

Thanks Jenny.

let me see how it works out.

your explanation seems logical.

0 Upvotes
xpertus

SOLVE

Thanks Jenny.

Appreciate your response.

For the moment, it seems to be working.

Emails sent via Outlook is being recorded on HubSpot.

However, incoming emails do not seem to be getting logged. I am still researching this... 

Will get back to you soon.

Again, thanks - SO MUCH, for your guidance.

Blessings.

Dr. Errol

0 Upvotes