Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

B1

Testing Scenario

SOLVE

Hi everyone,

We are currently reaching the final steps of our Hubspot implementation and we are looking to test the system before going live.

I was wondering if there is something existing that can help us to conduct a testing scenario? Like a UAT template, or a testing plan provided by Hubspot that can help us to go through this process and check what are the most standard use cases that need to be tested.

Thanks in advance for the support.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Testing Scenario

SOLVE

Hi @B1,

Your best option here would be a HubSpot sandbox account, available in the Enterprise subscriptions. Super admins can create sandbox accounts to test functionalities without impacting your main account.

Without sandboxes / an Enterprise subscription, you can still test your setup, HubSpot just doesn't provide a how-to here as there hundreds of different setups and use cases.

Depending on what exactly you've set up, you can usually work with test contacts, test companies, test deals. These are dummy records created by yourself, ideally with actually valid email addresses and domains. With these contacts, try to test all potential routes which such contacts could take through your processes and see whether the system behaves as expected, e.g. website forms, filtered views, lists, workflows, reports.

Some tools even have testing capabilities, such as the workflow tool.

For example, if you want to see certain form submissions in a filtered view and for those form submissions to automatically updated to Lifecycle stage MQL, then the best way to test this is by submitting that form with a test email address.

For a structured testing approach, I'd recommend writing down all use cases and their different variations and then going through them one by one.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Testing Scenario

SOLVE

Hi @B1,

Your best option here would be a HubSpot sandbox account, available in the Enterprise subscriptions. Super admins can create sandbox accounts to test functionalities without impacting your main account.

Without sandboxes / an Enterprise subscription, you can still test your setup, HubSpot just doesn't provide a how-to here as there hundreds of different setups and use cases.

Depending on what exactly you've set up, you can usually work with test contacts, test companies, test deals. These are dummy records created by yourself, ideally with actually valid email addresses and domains. With these contacts, try to test all potential routes which such contacts could take through your processes and see whether the system behaves as expected, e.g. website forms, filtered views, lists, workflows, reports.

Some tools even have testing capabilities, such as the workflow tool.

For example, if you want to see certain form submissions in a filtered view and for those form submissions to automatically updated to Lifecycle stage MQL, then the best way to test this is by submitting that form with a test email address.

For a structured testing approach, I'd recommend writing down all use cases and their different variations and then going through them one by one.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

natsumimori
Community Manager
Community Manager

Testing Scenario

SOLVE

Hi @B1 , thank you for your post.

You can create a test account by following this article: How do I create a test account?

And just for your information, there's a feature called "HubSpot sandbox account" but this is only available for Enterprise accounts.

I hope this helps!