Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

MPalmer6
Participant

Tasks created for when a contract end date is up

SOLVE

Hi, 

I am looking to set up a workflow for a reminder for the contract end date field I have created. 

I only want it to remind via a task, as I do not need to contact the client before, as its an internal reminder.

This was my first attempt, but it has not pulled through, the 2 example companies that have expired contract data in that field. They are over 10 days expired, so thought this would cover this.

Ay guidance would great, I only created the trigger as a product as I thought that would be easier. 

MPalmer6_1-1671534895333.png

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MPalmer6,

You would have to include the Contract expiration date in the enrollment criteria:

karstenkoehler_0-1671537094068.png

This workflow for example would enroll a company 14 days before the Contract expiration date and create a task. You could create the task to be due in 7 days so that it appears two weeks before expiration and is due one week before the actual date.

Don't forget to enable re-enrollment if the Contract expiration date might refresh with a new contract. Otherwise, for the next contract, the task would not be created.

karstenkoehler_1-1671537167049.png

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

MPalmer6
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Hi, I set up a new company property in settings. Then added it to my defaults within my client profiles so it shows in the section where I wanted to record it. 

Kind regards

Matt

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
kcrod

SOLVE

Hello, May I please ask: How did you set up/create the Contract end date property? 

0 Upvotes
MPalmer6
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Hi, I set up a new company property in settings. Then added it to my defaults within my client profiles so it shows in the section where I wanted to record it. 

Kind regards

Matt

0 Upvotes
MPalmer6
Participant

SOLVE

ah perfect, I had not seen the option to change it to "from now" I need to tweak it a little, as my two examples are quite expired so dont right but going forward I think I have got it now. 

Thank you so much. 

0 Upvotes
MPalmer6
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Karsten 

Thank you for this, I set up our own property for "Contract end date" but when I go to list it as a trigger, it doesnt give me an option to select a timeframe leading up to the event

MPalmer6_0-1671541167825.png

Here are the options i have, am I doing something wrong in the set up? 

Thanks

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MPalmer6,

You have the 'is less than' option as 9th item in that sidebar 🙂

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MPalmer6,

You would have to include the Contract expiration date in the enrollment criteria:

karstenkoehler_0-1671537094068.png

This workflow for example would enroll a company 14 days before the Contract expiration date and create a task. You could create the task to be due in 7 days so that it appears two weeks before expiration and is due one week before the actual date.

Don't forget to enable re-enrollment if the Contract expiration date might refresh with a new contract. Otherwise, for the next contract, the task would not be created.

karstenkoehler_1-1671537167049.png

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler