Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

icewinkyd

Task - "completed at" has a default date and cannot change

Hi Hubspot community, 

In the Task feature, we want to have a column for "complete by" date to know when exactly the task gets completed. "complete by" was a default column, however, dates for this column by default will show "jan 1, 1970", and I cannot find where to change this. Anybody know how to fix it?

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

Task - "completed at" has a default date and cannot change

Hi @icewinkyd,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

Just to confirm, you'd like to change the default value of the "Completed at" field? 

Screenshot 2023-02-13 at 10.52.36.png

This is expected behaviour – if a time property has no value (in this case, if a task hasn't been completed), it will defaut to the default Unix timestamp (more information here).

There is currently no way to change the default values of "empty" properties, but I found this request in our Ideas forum, where other customers have requested this feature. It'd be great if you could support this idea by giving it an update & sharing your use case in the comments. Thank you!

You can pull up all the tasks with the above date by using the filter "Completed at" is "Unknown". If you choose to complete those tasks, the "Completed at" property will autmatically update to today's date. 

If you'd like to choose a custom date when a task is supposed to be completed, I recommend using the property "Due date". 

I hope this helps!

Cheers
Mia, Community Team

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

0 Upvotes