Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

ScottKiessig
Participant

Task creation from multiple page views in the same day

Résolue

If a contact is crawling our site and visits multiple pages in a single session, I would like to generate a task for a salesperson to reach out to them. I cannot figure out how to trigger it only when the multiple views are in the same 24 hr period. I can only find the option to do it on cumulative page views in their lifetime.

0 Votes
1 Solution acceptée
Jnix284
Solution
Membre irremplaçable | Partenaire solutions Diamond

Résolue

Hi @ScottKiessig,

I think I found an option in the workflow you can test to see if it works better than the cumulative page views.

Trigger:

Page Views > Contact has viewed at least one URL containing = (pick the main domain, like "hubspot" or narrow it down if you want to limit to specific types of content)

Refine by date = is less than 1 day ago

AND

Page Views > Contact has viewed at least one URL containing = (pick the main domain, like "hubspot" or narrow it down if you want to limit to specific types of content)

Refine by number of times = 3 (you can pick any number)

It wouldn't allow me to refine by date and page view, so I had to create with the "AND" function.

When I ran a test contact through, the person who visited our site 6 times in the last 24 hours passed the test.

As soon as they meet the criteria, they will be enrolled. Then you can set up the re-enrollment criteria to all them to re-enroll if you think they need to be contacted again, but my recommendation would be to set a delay (how many days are you giving sales to do their job) and some initial criteria using an IF/THEN branch before enrolling them in a second workflow - maybe the criteria has to be more strict for sales to be assigned the task again.

workflow.png

Hope this helps get you on the path you're looking for!

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

2 Réponses
HSpeisman
Membre

Résolue

I was trying to create a similar trigger - however, using this logic...is it possible the contact could visit the the site 2 times before today and then when the visit the page "today" it would trigger since they have one visit less than 1 day ago AND they now have 3 web visits? 

0 Votes
Jnix284
Solution

Résolue

Hi @ScottKiessig,

I think I found an option in the workflow you can test to see if it works better than the cumulative page views.

Trigger:

Refine by date = is less than 1 day ago

AND

Refine by number of times = 3 (you can pick any number)

It wouldn't allow me to refine by date and page view, so I had to create with the "AND" function.

When I ran a test contact through, the person who visited our site 6 times in the last 24 hours passed the test.

As soon as they meet the criteria, they will be enrolled. Then you can set up the re-enrollment criteria to all them to re-enroll if you think they need to be contacted again, but my recommendation would be to set a delay (how many days are you giving sales to do their job) and some initial criteria using an IF/THEN branch before enrolling them in a second workflow - maybe the criteria has to be more strict for sales to be assigned the task again.

workflow.png

Hope this helps get you on the path you're looking for!

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin