Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

ScottKiessig

Task creation from multiple page views in the same day

If a contact is crawling our site and visits multiple pages in a single session, I would like to generate a task for a salesperson to reach out to them. I cannot figure out how to trigger it only when the multiple views are in the same 24 hr period. I can only find the option to do it on cumulative page views in their lifetime.

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
Jnix284
Recognized Expert | Partner
Recognized Expert | Partner

Task creation from multiple page views in the same day

Hi @ScottKiessig,

I think I found an option in the workflow you can test to see if it works better than the cumulative page views.

Trigger:

Page Views > Contact has viewed at least one URL containing = (pick the main domain, like "hubspot" or narrow it down if you want to limit to specific types of content)

Refine by date = is less than 1 day ago

AND

Page Views > Contact has viewed at least one URL containing = (pick the main domain, like "hubspot" or narrow it down if you want to limit to specific types of content)

Refine by number of times = 3 (you can pick any number)

It wouldn't allow me to refine by date and page view, so I had to create with the "AND" function.

When I ran a test contact through, the person who visited our site 6 times in the last 24 hours passed the test.

As soon as they meet the criteria, they will be enrolled. Then you can set up the re-enrollment criteria to all them to re-enroll if you think they need to be contacted again, but my recommendation would be to set a delay (how many days are you giving sales to do their job) and some initial criteria using an IF/THEN branch before enrolling them in a second workflow - maybe the criteria has to be more strict for sales to be assigned the task again.

workflow.png

Hope this helps get you on the path you're looking for!

maka Agency