Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

eileen
Miembro

Targeted Email Campaign Strategies

resolver

Hi HubSpot Community!

Would love to hear the various strategies people have for creating targeted email campaigns. I found a great HubSpot Email Campaign Template but I am interested in hearing from others about specific strategies/ actions. For example, how have you used targeted email campaigns for a webinar or maybe a unique whitepaper created? What were the steps involved in doing so? 

Thank you for your time! Excited to see what people say. 

Best. 

2 Soluciones aceptadas
HubTrog
Solución
Profesor inbound
Profesor inbound

resolver

Hey there!

One resource I'd recommend right away is our email certification. It's a pretty comprehensive course on most inbound aspects of email marketing. You can jump around in it as needed. 

I think one key takeaway is that it helps to keep things simple. If possible, try to segment your list along one major axis, be it "biggest business challenge" or whatever is relevant to your industry. Then just work around that major split. The same content may address several segments, it's up to you to position and pitch it to be more relevant and NOW impactful to the receiver's particular situation. 

Hope this helps!

JT

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

ndwilliams3
Solución
Asesor destacado

resolver

If you haven't developed personas yet, I would start there. It definitely helps to identify content and segment when you have a particular person in mind.

As @HubTrog said, start with a high level segment, such as industry and then see how many was you can break that into a more segmented list. Maybe look at segmenting on title as well. Keep this process going until you can't really divide any more, have way too many segments to effectively manage or your segment is too small to be worth the time investment.

From there you can tailor the content to each segment. Ask yourself, how can I change this email to be more effective for a CEO (Title) in Healthcare (Industry)? Sometimes the same content can be modified and sometimes it makes sense to create different content for each.

Webinars and whitepapers are both effective tools for driving lead conversions.  I like to use both and combine into lead nurturing program. TOFU whitepaper, followed up with a MOFU whitepaper and then a BOFU webinar. The secondary offers need to align with the original offer.

Each industry and target market is different and what works great for some, many not work for you. In a previous job, our company sold employee assessments and our target was C-level execs and hiring managers. Whitepapers and webinars were highly effective at converting leads. Our TOFU offer addressed their problems, for example "5 Tips for Managing Problem Employees" The MOFU offer incorporated our product as a solution to managing problem employees. The BOFU webinar went into more detail on assessments for managing problem employees and incorporated case studies and actual data. The webinar was very effective at getting the lead to call the sales rep vs the other way around.

You may ask, how did we know "Managing Problem Employees" was a good topic? Our blog! Posts on "managing problem employees" and "employee engagement" always had higher views that any other content. We used that as an indicator that the topic was engaging to our audience.

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

5 Respuestas 5
roisinkirby
Equipo de producto de HubSpot

resolver

Hey @eileen I wanted to follow up with a great post shared by one of our Partners, @DavidAlberico who has a great strategy for organising HubSpot campaigns - I'd reccommend checking it out / sharing your feedback 🙂

An alternate way to organize your campaigns in HubSpot

0 Me gusta
HubTrog
Solución
Profesor inbound
Profesor inbound

resolver

Hey there!

One resource I'd recommend right away is our email certification. It's a pretty comprehensive course on most inbound aspects of email marketing. You can jump around in it as needed. 

I think one key takeaway is that it helps to keep things simple. If possible, try to segment your list along one major axis, be it "biggest business challenge" or whatever is relevant to your industry. Then just work around that major split. The same content may address several segments, it's up to you to position and pitch it to be more relevant and NOW impactful to the receiver's particular situation. 

Hope this helps!

JT

ndwilliams3
Solución
Asesor destacado

resolver

If you haven't developed personas yet, I would start there. It definitely helps to identify content and segment when you have a particular person in mind.

As @HubTrog said, start with a high level segment, such as industry and then see how many was you can break that into a more segmented list. Maybe look at segmenting on title as well. Keep this process going until you can't really divide any more, have way too many segments to effectively manage or your segment is too small to be worth the time investment.

From there you can tailor the content to each segment. Ask yourself, how can I change this email to be more effective for a CEO (Title) in Healthcare (Industry)? Sometimes the same content can be modified and sometimes it makes sense to create different content for each.

Webinars and whitepapers are both effective tools for driving lead conversions.  I like to use both and combine into lead nurturing program. TOFU whitepaper, followed up with a MOFU whitepaper and then a BOFU webinar. The secondary offers need to align with the original offer.

Each industry and target market is different and what works great for some, many not work for you. In a previous job, our company sold employee assessments and our target was C-level execs and hiring managers. Whitepapers and webinars were highly effective at converting leads. Our TOFU offer addressed their problems, for example "5 Tips for Managing Problem Employees" The MOFU offer incorporated our product as a solution to managing problem employees. The BOFU webinar went into more detail on assessments for managing problem employees and incorporated case studies and actual data. The webinar was very effective at getting the lead to call the sales rep vs the other way around.

You may ask, how did we know "Managing Problem Employees" was a good topic? Our blog! Posts on "managing problem employees" and "employee engagement" always had higher views that any other content. We used that as an indicator that the topic was engaging to our audience.

nicolebrenner
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

resolver

Hi @eileen, this is a great question to pose to the community! Until some of our other customers can share some of their own experiences, I wanted to pull some blog posts and other resources that I thought might be some good resources for you in the meantime.This is just a few artilces to help you get started, and I'm also curious to hear what advice and experience other customers have. Let me know if you find any of these helpful!

0 Me gusta
roisinkirby

resolver

Hey @ndwilliams3 @AnnicaThorber is this something either of you have insights / expertise on?

0 Me gusta