Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

ALevandoski

Target Accounts for CSM's

SOLVE

We've just started to use Target Accounts for our sales team and I see value in having our CSMs also make use of Target Accounts, but because they aren't the account owner, I'm not sure this will be possible. Has anyone figured out a way to use the Target Account functionality for CSMs? 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ALevandoski,

The target accounts overview is designed and set up for one function only, you would have to choose whether that page is for sales or customer success.

However, HubSpot let's you create additional user properties. On the company object, there can be more than one owner. When you create a custom property for the company object, simply select "HubSpot user" as a property type and name it CSM owner, for example.

Once you have that, you could assign company records to both a Company owner (sales) and a CSM owner at the same time. While the CSM owner isn't included in the target accounts overview, you can use the target account properties in your portal to build your own filtered views or custom reports. It will not look exactly the same but the information would be available for creating a custom CSM target accounts dashboard.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ALevandoski,

The target accounts overview is designed and set up for one function only, you would have to choose whether that page is for sales or customer success.

However, HubSpot let's you create additional user properties. On the company object, there can be more than one owner. When you create a custom property for the company object, simply select "HubSpot user" as a property type and name it CSM owner, for example.

Once you have that, you could assign company records to both a Company owner (sales) and a CSM owner at the same time. While the CSM owner isn't included in the target accounts overview, you can use the target account properties in your portal to build your own filtered views or custom reports. It will not look exactly the same but the information would be available for creating a custom CSM target accounts dashboard.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.