TF-IDF (Term Frequency- inverse document frequency)

global22
Contributor

Perhaps many of you are members of Facebook SEO group, The Lab. Today they are discussing tools such as TF-IDF analysis, MarketMuse, SEMRush and so on. Is anyone here looking at those values (TF-IDF) as you create and optimize content?

I am still heavily weighted with on-page SEO, but my keyword rankings are dropping perhaps because  I don't have the beloved Keyword tool from Hubspot (may it rest in peace) but do use SEMRush. 

It's a jungle out there. Any thoughts on this subject? I would greatly appreciate it.

Cheers,

Nana

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

Help other HubSpot searchers find this post quickly by accepting this solution today.

hubspot-academy-seo-training.pngThere are MAJOR reasons why, as an industry, SEO has shifted the focus away from keywords and towards topic-based content strategies over the past few years -- i.e., Topic Clusters and Pillar Pages. HubSpot's in-house SEO expert, Matthew Howells-Barby, has much to say on the step-by-step tactics HubSpot uses (and used) to rank #1 across multiple industries for high value key phrases.

By the way, don't recall hearing him (or Dr. Pete from Moz) use the term 'TF-IDF' in at least 3 years! haha

- see The 2018 SEO Training Course: Building Sustainable Traffic for Business Growth

- see The Future of Content Strategy

- see How to Rank in 2018: The SEO Checklist (by Rand Fishkin - formerly of Moz)

May be the best 120 minutes you spend on SEO training if you're using HubSpot's blogging platform ... and even if you're not.

Good luck with your project.

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v03.png

www.MFrankJohnson.com

Note: The date of each post here is increasingly important as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

-- Visit

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

HubSpot's Hiring World-Wide!

0 Upvotes