Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

alexagatiss
Contributor

System for Deciding Marketing Contacts

SOLVE

Hi all, just wondering, I am hoping for an effective way of deciding who should be made a marketing contact.

Ideally, I am looking for a system where there is a specific ratio. I want to have a percentage of responsive leads that stay marketing contacts (around 75%) and a percentage of leads that are part of a rotation. Thanks!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @alexagatiss,

There aren't any straight forward ways to set a ratio automatically. Could you explain why you're explicitly interested in a ratio and not, for example, keeping the number of marketing contacts as low as possible without affecting marketing email sending to interested contacts?

In general, here's what I consider:

• If you have access to workflows, all of the below can be workflow enrollment criteria. In that case, you can use the Set marketing contact status workflow action. If not, you'd have to set up lists and manually change the marketing contact status on a regular basis.
  • I would always mark these contacts as non-marketing contacts:
    • Invalid email is True
    • Email address quarantined is True
    • Email is unknown
    • Email hard bounce reason is known
    • Unsubscribed from all email is True
    • Opted out of email: [your main marketing subscription type]
    • [if you're using and respecting double opt-in] Marketing email confirmation status is none of User clicked confirmation, Customer marked confirmed
    • Email domain is equal to any of [domains of your competitors]
  • Additionally, you could consider marking contacts as non-marketing contacts when:
    • Last marketing email click date is more than 180 days ago AND Last seen is more than 180 days ago AND Last marketing email reply date is more than 180 days ago [adjust date range to your liking] OR
    • Last marketing email click date is more than 180 days ago AND Last seen is more than 180 days ago AND Last marketing email reply date is unknown [adjust date range to your liking] OR
    • Last marketing email click date is more than 180 days ago AND Last seen is unknown AND Last marketing email reply date is unknown [adjust date range to your liking]
  • Lastly, you could also define criteria for contacts you simply find irrelevant, this could be
    • Contacts with freemail addresses
    • Contacts with certain job titles (student, intern, consultants etc)
    • Contacts at companies of certain sizes

Again, there isn't any way to tell HubSpot to apply the above criteria to a 75/25 split but the above list should help you keep subscription costs low and your marketing effective.

Best regards

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @alexagatiss,

There aren't any straight forward ways to set a ratio automatically. Could you explain why you're explicitly interested in a ratio and not, for example, keeping the number of marketing contacts as low as possible without affecting marketing email sending to interested contacts?

In general, here's what I consider:

• If you have access to workflows, all of the below can be workflow enrollment criteria. In that case, you can use the Set marketing contact status workflow action. If not, you'd have to set up lists and manually change the marketing contact status on a regular basis.
  • I would always mark these contacts as non-marketing contacts:
    • Invalid email is True
    • Email address quarantined is True
    • Email is unknown
    • Email hard bounce reason is known
    • Unsubscribed from all email is True
    • Opted out of email: [your main marketing subscription type]
    • [if you're using and respecting double opt-in] Marketing email confirmation status is none of User clicked confirmation, Customer marked confirmed
    • Email domain is equal to any of [domains of your competitors]
  • Additionally, you could consider marking contacts as non-marketing contacts when:
    • Last marketing email click date is more than 180 days ago AND Last seen is more than 180 days ago AND Last marketing email reply date is more than 180 days ago [adjust date range to your liking] OR
    • Last marketing email click date is more than 180 days ago AND Last seen is more than 180 days ago AND Last marketing email reply date is unknown [adjust date range to your liking] OR
    • Last marketing email click date is more than 180 days ago AND Last seen is unknown AND Last marketing email reply date is unknown [adjust date range to your liking]
  • Lastly, you could also define criteria for contacts you simply find irrelevant, this could be
    • Contacts with freemail addresses
    • Contacts with certain job titles (student, intern, consultants etc)
    • Contacts at companies of certain sizes

Again, there isn't any way to tell HubSpot to apply the above criteria to a 75/25 split but the above list should help you keep subscription costs low and your marketing effective.

Best regards

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes