Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

ABui4
Colaborador

Sync Outlook Internal Employee Global Address List with HubSpot list for Internal Newsletter

resolver

Hi,

We're launching a regular internal newsletter sequence to our employee list which is supposed to be updated every so often.

I wanted to utilize Hubspot for that (quite similar to this issue long time ago, but the answer there didn't really help) and I have one concern regarding automating the recipient list: HubSpot <> Outlook contacts integration only allows the sync with personal Outlook contacts, while our active Outlook employee list is a GAL one.

Hence why I would love to ask for advice to see if there's any best practice for automatically syncing such employee list from Outlook to Hubspot for that.

Thank you!

Albus

0 Me gusta
1 Soluciones aceptada
Solución
Participante

Sync Outlook Internal Employee Global Address List with HubSpot list for Internal Newsletter

resolver

Sure, I'd be happy to help!

To sync your Global Address List (GAL) contacts from Outlook to HubSpot using Zapier, you can follow these steps:

1. Sign up for a Zapier account if you haven't already.

2. Create a new Zap in Zapier.

3. Select Outlook as the trigger app and choose the "New Contact" trigger.

4. Connect your Outlook account to Zapier if you haven't already.

5. Test the trigger to make sure it's working properly.

6. Next, select HubSpot as the action app.

7. Choose the "Create or Update Contact" action.

8. Connect your HubSpot account to Zapier if you haven't already.

9. Map the fields in Outlook to the corresponding fields in HubSpot.

10. Test the Zap to make sure it's working properly.

11. Turn on the Zap and it will automatically sync new contacts from your GAL in Outlook to HubSpot.

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

6 Respuestas 6
ABui4
Colaborador

resolver

Thanks for your info, Bhakti! 

I'd consider Option 1 as the last resort once other automation options don't work. 

PieSync is no longer available for a while, hence I think I would give Zapier a try. However, I was not able to find any guides from Zapier for syncing GAL Outlook contact that way, could you please kindly advice ,in case you have relevant materials @06845 ? Thanks a ton!

Albus

0 Me gusta
Solución
Participante

resolver

Sure, I'd be happy to help!

To sync your Global Address List (GAL) contacts from Outlook to HubSpot using Zapier, you can follow these steps:

1. Sign up for a Zapier account if you haven't already.

2. Create a new Zap in Zapier.

3. Select Outlook as the trigger app and choose the "New Contact" trigger.

4. Connect your Outlook account to Zapier if you haven't already.

5. Test the trigger to make sure it's working properly.

6. Next, select HubSpot as the action app.

7. Choose the "Create or Update Contact" action.

8. Connect your HubSpot account to Zapier if you haven't already.

9. Map the fields in Outlook to the corresponding fields in HubSpot.

10. Test the Zap to make sure it's working properly.

11. Turn on the Zap and it will automatically sync new contacts from your GAL in Outlook to HubSpot.

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

CLewis7
Miembro

resolver

When I walk through these steps, at what point do I choose the global address list as opposed to the contacts that live inside my exchange account?

0 Me gusta
ABui4
Colaborador

resolver

Thanks a lot, Bhakti! I'll refer to your suggestions. Appreciate it!

0 Me gusta
Participante

resolver

You're welcome! I'm glad I could be of help. If you have any more questions or need any further assistance, feel free to ask.

0 Me gusta
Participante

resolver

Hello Albus,

There are a few ways you can sync your Outlook Global Address List (GAL) with Hubspot for your employee newsletter. Here are some options:

1. Export the GAL as a CSV file: You can export your Outlook GAL as a CSV file and then import that file into Hubspot. This will allow you to create a contact list in Hubspot with all the email addresses from your Outlook GAL. You can then use this contact list as the recipient list for your newsletter.

2. Use a third-party integration: There are third-party tools like Zapier and PieSync that can sync your Outlook GAL with Hubspot. These tools can automate the process of adding new contacts from your Outlook GAL to Hubspot, ensuring that your contact list in Hubspot is always up-to-date.

3. Use an Outlook add-in: Some Outlook add-ins like ContactMonkey and Nimble can sync your Outlook GAL with Hubspot. These add-ins can also provide additional features like email tracking and contact management, which can be helpful when sending out newsletters.

Once you have your Outlook GAL synced with Hubspot, you can create a contact list in Hubspot and use it as the recipient list for your newsletter. Hubspot has a built-in email editor that you can use to create and send your newsletters. You can also track the performance of your newsletters using Hubspot's analytics tools.

Bhakti