Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

MMetros5
Contributor

Surfacing Company Level and Deal Level information

SOLVE

How do I ensure that all activity and note information transfers from the company level to the deal level (and potentially vice versa) .

The team is complaining about a lack of visibility between company records and deal records. 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MMetros5,

HubSpot will automatically associate certain activities in a record to the record's associated objects. Specifically, logged calls, emails, meeting, and notes created on the company record should also show up on the associated deal record

This applies only to the five most recent associated open deals. Open deals are deals that are not in closed-won or closed-lost deal stages. 

There are a few exceptions to those rules, concerning the mobile app and changed associations, for example, you can find them here.

Whenever you notice that activity association is not behaving according to these rules, I'd recommend reaching out to support.

For all cases not covered by the above (e.g. after an association was changed), your team would have to manually associate activities, following these steps: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/associate-activities-with-records#associate-an-existing-acti...

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MMetros5,

HubSpot will automatically associate certain activities in a record to the record's associated objects. Specifically, logged calls, emails, meeting, and notes created on the company record should also show up on the associated deal record

This applies only to the five most recent associated open deals. Open deals are deals that are not in closed-won or closed-lost deal stages. 

There are a few exceptions to those rules, concerning the mobile app and changed associations, for example, you can find them here.

Whenever you notice that activity association is not behaving according to these rules, I'd recommend reaching out to support.

For all cases not covered by the above (e.g. after an association was changed), your team would have to manually associate activities, following these steps: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/associate-activities-with-records#associate-an-existing-acti...

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.