Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

MLeBourgeois
Participant

Status of a contact with respect to a given campaign

Hi everyone,

We started using Hubspot as our CRM and we can manage our leads and contacts on a day-to-day basis quite well.

However, we are wondering about a use case we encounter because we sometimes run some kind of sales campaign with various purposes, and we are looking for a way to keep an overview on their progress.

Here are a few examples we have at the moment:

• We are for instance starting a program related to one of our products, and are trying to identify some of our recurring customers to try to enroll them. We would need to have an overview on which ones have been contacted, are interested, confirmed, signed an agreement etc.
  • A similar example could when we are looking to create partnerships with other companies in some countries. And we would need to know which companies would be good candidates, which ones we contacted about it.

So the question I wanted to ask is: Is there an easy way to add some kind of status for a contact/company that would be valid only for a certain campaign?

I was thinking of the following solutions to do that (using tasks, creating a custom property for each campaign etc.), but none of them are fully satisfying to me. Do you have any other ideas to suggest?

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
trevordjones
Recognized Expert | Diamond Partner
Recognized Expert | Diamond Partner

Hi @MLeBourgeois ,

I would build a list of your potential targets for each campaign, whether static or active, and then use that list as a report filter for a dedicated custom dashboard for each of your campaings.  That way, you can get in-depth insights into what is happening with your campaign members.

- Trevor
If my post solves your problem, please accept it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
MLeBourgeois
Participant

@trevordjonesthanks for your answer.

What I am not sure about with this solution is: How can I see from the reports which contacts are at which stage of the campaign? To get back to the example I gave, how can I see which ones are still to be contacted on the considered program, which ones have been, which ones have shown interest, have signed a contract etc.

I assume this would require some custom properties, right? In this case, a property called "Status program XX" with different possible values, I guess.

0 Upvotes