Snippets Hints and Tips and the many ways they can be used!
Sep 14, 2020 12:39 PM
Snippets Hints and Tips
Snippets are a really handy piece of functionality within HubSpot and there are so many ways in which they can be used. Using snippets can help save time, define processes, ensure key data is gathered, increase efficiency and ensure the right mesages are being relayed at the right time.
Here are some ideas for how snippets can really save time throughout your day to day:
1. Create snippets for those frequently typed ‘pieces of text’ around your Company introduction, your products and services, your terms and conditions etc. These can then be used in emails, templates and the Conversations tool as very handy resources for all departments.
2. Create snippets for those Frequently Asked Questions and have them ready and available and segmented into the relevant folders for your various departments.
3. Create Call / Meeting snippets as a ‘guide’ for certain scenarios.
- For example, in a Discovery Call, Questions 1, 2, and 3 need to be asked. Alternatively, in a Technical Support Call, Support Reps should start by asking Questions 1, 2, 3 and 4.
- These snippets can be inserted into the ‘Log a Call’ or ‘Log a Meeting’ options right before the call or meeting is due to take place, to guide Users in what to ask. This is really useful for any new Users who have joined the company or for those who have recently changed roles.
- This approach can also be really useful where a certain process needs to be followed in key scenarios.
4. Create snippets of useful resources in certain stages of a Customer Journey. For example, a new Customer may have just signed up, what would be really useful for them to be aware of right from the start? These can also be added to Email Templates if necessary to standardise those resources being provided across the board.
Hints when Creating Snippets:
1) When setting up your snippets, a great idea is to create different folders for the appropriate snippet type so that they are easy to find for all Users.
2) Similarly, for those personal snippets that each User may create, adding the User initials at the start of the snippet can make a specific snippet much easier to find later.
3) Adding handy shortcuts can also save valuable time when adding the snippets at a later point, whether it is in an email, a template or just prior to a call.
4) These snippets, once created, are also available in the Email Extension where needed.
As you can see, there are a range of ways in which Snippets can really save time and provide value throughout your day to day.
Are there any other ways you have found snippets to be useful? If so, why not let us know in the comments below!