Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

AnnaPiera

Smart functions and cookieless

SOLVE

Hello,

I am implementing smart forms in my website and I have planned to implement also Smart CTAs and Smart pages.

Do you know how these features will be influenced by the google cookieless update?

It will come in 2024 (not that far) and I would start to adapt my strategy as soon as possible. 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
LeeBartelme
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

I'm pretty certain Google's change only deals with 3rd party cookies. HubSpots "smart content" shouldn't be affected. The cookies that HubSpot uses are tied to your site (1st party) and therefore won't see any changes. All the data smart content uses HubSpot gets from the inbound link, user's browser, and data in the HubSpot CRM. Because it's not using information from other sites (which would require a 3rd party cookie) you'd be fine. Here is a bit more information about the topic and some considerations.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
LeeBartelme
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

I'm pretty certain Google's change only deals with 3rd party cookies. HubSpots "smart content" shouldn't be affected. The cookies that HubSpot uses are tied to your site (1st party) and therefore won't see any changes. All the data smart content uses HubSpot gets from the inbound link, user's browser, and data in the HubSpot CRM. Because it's not using information from other sites (which would require a 3rd party cookie) you'd be fine. Here is a bit more information about the topic and some considerations.