Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

yehiasalam

Should I create Deals from Online Contact Form>

SOLVE

Hi,

I was just thinking, should I create automatically a deal once a vistior on my website submit a contact form. I mean he showed interest, submitting to the contact form, should i consider him in the pipeline?

What do you guys think? What's your approach on this?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @yehiasalam

This totally depends on the form, what is offered in return for submission, and the normal conversion rate from submission of that form to customer.  

If the form title and questions clearly align with a person's interest to buy, then it makes sense to create a deal. If not, then don't. 

Contact form submissions wouldn't normally justify creation of a deal, in my book, but requesting a free trial or a demo might. 

In most businesses, deal creation would be left to the sales team once they have qualified the opportunity for things like budget, etc. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @yehiasalam

This totally depends on the form, what is offered in return for submission, and the normal conversion rate from submission of that form to customer.  

If the form title and questions clearly align with a person's interest to buy, then it makes sense to create a deal. If not, then don't. 

Contact form submissions wouldn't normally justify creation of a deal, in my book, but requesting a free trial or a demo might. 

In most businesses, deal creation would be left to the sales team once they have qualified the opportunity for things like budget, etc. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
Japheth

SOLVE

Can you explain the procedure to use a form to automatically create a deal? Currently it simply attaches to the contact only. I would like the form submission to create a deal if one already doesn't exist. If one exists for a contact email then the form information should attach to that deal. 

Do I need a workflow for this feature?