Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

JZajac
参加者

Sharing Leads

解決

Hi Forum - first time posting here. We migrated to HubSpot ~1 year ago and are loving it. We use our CRM instance regularly, but there are definitely some best practices we should implement.

We go to market through independent resellers and manufacturers reps. We want to be sharing leads with them more regularly, and move away from sending them excel spread sheets once a month. One of our reps was telling me how another manufacturer of theirs gives them access to their own HubSpot instance so they can see their leads. Does anyone have any experience doing this? We have 26 man. reps so ideally we'd have 26 instances where we can share leads in realtime with our independent sales force. Let me know of any tips/tricks! Thanks

2件の承認済みベストアンサー
MrJustinGivens
解決策
トップ投稿者 | Gold Partner
トップ投稿者 | Gold Partner

Sharing Leads

解決

Hey @JZajac welcome to the forum! 

The first thing that comes to mind to set up a new team (knowledge base) within Hubspot is to keep their view and permissions in control. You can customize the card views for that team to remove things like tickets, deals, and other things they don't need to see.

Another idea that comes to mind is after you assign leads to Reps, you could have a report to make sure they are following up with contacts in a timely manner. This would give you insight into your reps. 

Most importantly, limit their access. Go more restrictive and only add as needed. 

If you have any other questions or issues let me know in a reply.

If you want to hash it out even more over the phone, use the link in my bio to schedule that time.

Cheers,
Justin

元の投稿で解決策を見る

karstenkoehler
解決策
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner

Sharing Leads

解決

Hi @JZajac,

26 HubSpot portals for one business sound like a nightmare, to be honest. Not only is there a permanent risk of making changes in the wrong portal, there are implications for how consent (or lack thereof) is tracked, e.g. if a contact unsubscribes from all communication in one portal but is still being contacted through others. Generally, overlapping sales activity could not be noticed as contacts could potentially be worked by multiple sales persons at the same time.

The solution here would be one HubSpot portal with the correct permission settings. HubSpot can be set up in a way that users only see their own contacts (owned-only) or contacts from their team (team-only). The latter requires a Professional subscription, the former is available in the free CRM and in Starter subscriptions.

As a result, you would have all sales persons in one HubSpot instance, only seeing their own contacts or the contacts of their team ( = reseller). Contacts could only be owned by one sales person, blocking other sales persons from working the same contact. If a contact lets anyone know that they do not ever want to be contacted again, there wouldn't be a risk of it going unnoticed by other sales persons.

If you want to evaluate how permissions could look like in a Professional subscription, happy to assist and provide help.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

元の投稿で解決策を見る

9件の返信
CUrsu1
投稿者 | Elite Partner
投稿者 | Elite Partner

Sharing Leads

解決

Hi @JZajac ,

I implemented exactly this scenario for a manufacturer using teams and subteams, we had over 700 independent stores each with their own access. Feel free to reach out if you want to chat.

Cheers!

Corina

BTenPas
参加者

Sharing Leads

解決

Check out reveal.io. It's a cool vendor that I have checked out that has the ability to share leads via any crm. 

JZajac
参加者

Sharing Leads

解決

Ah I see. After I changed the owner of the contact/company owner the team property updated. Back to my originial post, it sounds like the only way to give these resellers views of customers/leads is to assign respective company/contacts to new users @karstenkoehler 

karstenkoehler
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner

Sharing Leads

解決

Hi @JZajac,

What do you mean when you say 'new users'? You would invite the sales persons to this portal, adjust their permissions to see owned records only (or team only) and then assign contacts and companies to them.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 いいね!
karstenkoehler
解決策
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner

Sharing Leads

解決

Hi @JZajac,

26 HubSpot portals for one business sound like a nightmare, to be honest. Not only is there a permanent risk of making changes in the wrong portal, there are implications for how consent (or lack thereof) is tracked, e.g. if a contact unsubscribes from all communication in one portal but is still being contacted through others. Generally, overlapping sales activity could not be noticed as contacts could potentially be worked by multiple sales persons at the same time.

The solution here would be one HubSpot portal with the correct permission settings. HubSpot can be set up in a way that users only see their own contacts (owned-only) or contacts from their team (team-only). The latter requires a Professional subscription, the former is available in the free CRM and in Starter subscriptions.

As a result, you would have all sales persons in one HubSpot instance, only seeing their own contacts or the contacts of their team ( = reseller). Contacts could only be owned by one sales person, blocking other sales persons from working the same contact. If a contact lets anyone know that they do not ever want to be contacted again, there wouldn't be a risk of it going unnoticed by other sales persons.

If you want to evaluate how permissions could look like in a Professional subscription, happy to assist and provide help.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

MrJustinGivens
解決策
トップ投稿者 | Gold Partner
トップ投稿者 | Gold Partner

Sharing Leads

解決

Hey @JZajac welcome to the forum! 

The first thing that comes to mind to set up a new team (knowledge base) within Hubspot is to keep their view and permissions in control. You can customize the card views for that team to remove things like tickets, deals, and other things they don't need to see.

Another idea that comes to mind is after you assign leads to Reps, you could have a report to make sure they are following up with contacts in a timely manner. This would give you insight into your reps. 

Most importantly, limit their access. Go more restrictive and only add as needed. 

If you have any other questions or issues let me know in a reply.

If you want to hash it out even more over the phone, use the link in my bio to schedule that time.

Cheers,
Justin

JZajac
参加者

Sharing Leads

解決

This sounds like a good solution but I just setup a mock Team using my personal email but when I go to change a company's HubSpot team property it doesn't let me change it from our default "Sales". I just put in a ticket with HS support and they said " It looks like that Hubspot team property is automatically assigned by Hubspot and we can't edit it". Any thoughts here?

0 いいね!
karstenkoehler
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner

Sharing Leads

解決

Hi @JZajac,

The team property is a read-only property, correct. It shows the team of whoever the owner of a record is. To change it, you edit the owner of the record.

(A record cannot be assigned to a team in HubSpot, only to an individual.)

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

JZajac
参加者

Sharing Leads

解決

Ah I see. After I changed the owner of the contact/company owner the team property updated. Back to my originial post, it sounds like the only way to give these resellers views of customers/leads is to assign respective company/contacts to new users

0 いいね!