Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

ReshmaRR
Contributor

Sequences

SOLVE

Hi,

Do you have an tips or tricks for the sequences tool that helped you get highest reponse rates?

Thanks,

Reshma

2 Accepted solutions
danmoyle
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

Sequences

SOLVE

@ReshmaRR context and value are key. When you're building a sequence, best practice is to connect it to the why behind your follow-ups. Then add valuable content. 

Example: A post-demo follow-up should include information about the demo, notes on what you talked about, and next steps. Then follow-up with additional resources (on-demand courses, a checklist, a video). Finally, I would be very clear in the follow-ups with a call to action. Reply to ask more questions, click my meeting link to set up another time to talk, let me answer questions about common FAQs like budget or change management ... those kinds of things. 

And finally: Test. Whatever you change, do it for an initial group and test & analyze. 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/

View solution in original post

harriskenny
Solution
Contributor | Partner
Contributor | Partner

Sequences

SOLVE

A few things to think about:

• Deliverability. Email sequences can toast your domain reputation if you're not careful. You want to make sure your DNS records are properly set up (SPF, DKIM, DMARC). Give them a way to opt out of the emails to save yourself from being reported as SPAM. And verify the emails either by adding CAPTCHA on your site and/or using a bounce check tool. You want dynamic content (use personalization) for this too.
  • Subject lines. Once deliverability is considered, your subject lines are going to be a huge determinant on whether or not they see your emails at all. As @danmoyle suggested, do a lot of testing here.
  • Body copy. When it comes to your email itself, which I think was probably the main thing you were asking about! Make emails that are easy to reply to with a clear call to action. Use tools 3rd party copywriting assistance tools and the built-in suggestions from HubSpot to improve your email. 

A few interesting stats from cold email from Lavender.ai's Will Alred to think about. Informative tones can drop reply rates by 26%. 25-50 word emails get 67% more replies than 125-150 word emails. Emails written at a 5th grade level have the highest reply rates. 

°°°
Harris Kenny
Founder at Intro CRM

Find me on LinkedIn ➔

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
harriskenny
Solution
Contributor | Partner
Contributor | Partner

Sequences

SOLVE

A few things to think about:

• Deliverability. Email sequences can toast your domain reputation if you're not careful. You want to make sure your DNS records are properly set up (SPF, DKIM, DMARC). Give them a way to opt out of the emails to save yourself from being reported as SPAM. And verify the emails either by adding CAPTCHA on your site and/or using a bounce check tool. You want dynamic content (use personalization) for this too.
  • Subject lines. Once deliverability is considered, your subject lines are going to be a huge determinant on whether or not they see your emails at all. As @danmoyle suggested, do a lot of testing here.
  • Body copy. When it comes to your email itself, which I think was probably the main thing you were asking about! Make emails that are easy to reply to with a clear call to action. Use tools 3rd party copywriting assistance tools and the built-in suggestions from HubSpot to improve your email. 

A few interesting stats from cold email from Lavender.ai's Will Alred to think about. Informative tones can drop reply rates by 26%. 25-50 word emails get 67% more replies than 125-150 word emails. Emails written at a 5th grade level have the highest reply rates. 

°°°
Harris Kenny
Founder at Intro CRM

Find me on LinkedIn ➔
danmoyle
Solution

Sequences

SOLVE

@ReshmaRR context and value are key. When you're building a sequence, best practice is to connect it to the why behind your follow-ups. Then add valuable content. 

Example: A post-demo follow-up should include information about the demo, notes on what you talked about, and next steps. Then follow-up with additional resources (on-demand courses, a checklist, a video). Finally, I would be very clear in the follow-ups with a call to action. Reply to ask more questions, click my meeting link to set up another time to talk, let me answer questions about common FAQs like budget or change management ... those kinds of things. 

And finally: Test. Whatever you change, do it for an initial group and test & analyze. 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/